Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 09-21-2018, 11:02 PM

Default Re: iZotope RX7 officially announced

Speaking of RX issues, does anyone else experience problems when using RX connect? I can select a region in Pro Tools, send it to RX via RX connect yet the start and end time of the clip in RX is complete off. So off that it includes part of a region that appears before the one I want in Pro tools, and it slices off entire words at the end of the region that I do want.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:08 AM

The Izotope "official" reply re. these RX7 issues:

"Thanks for following up, and for the screenshots. I’ve discussed this with the Development Team here and it’s actually intentional that the Preview function has been removed from the AudioSuite version of these modules.

Certain features of RX 7 utilize a new Preview protocol that has shown to conflict with Pro Tools’s during our compatibility testing. For this reason, we have removed the Preview function from the AudioSuite version of the modules you reference in your last email.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may present. I will certainly pass along your feedback to the RX Development Team for consideration in future updates."

It's not a bug it's a "Feature"...YIKES !!! how can this be a thing. when ALL the other AS modules AND the modules work in the "App"...which is our name for when we send it to the main display using "connect".

BTW that's my workaround for anyone interested...Send a clip over to the App with connect...test out some settings leave the App/module open and use those settings on the AS module. You can then batch process a bunch of clips. Even with this workaround it's a time save over doing it clip by clip.

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 09-22-2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
Speaking of RX issues, does anyone else experience problems when using RX connect? I can select a region in Pro Tools, send it to RX via RX connect yet the start and end time of the clip in RX is complete off. So off that it includes part of a region that appears before the one I want in Pro tools, and it slices off entire words at the end of the region that I do want.

Make sure you've selected "clip by clip" and "mono" instead of the often defaulted "entire selection". You'll then only get the clip you "send" to the App using "connect"

It's a real gotcha that Izo has never solved and you have to be vigilant since sometimes it changes when you launch the App and send a clip to it.

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 09-22-2018, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepad View Post
Make sure you've selected "clip by clip" and "mono" instead of the often defaulted "entire selection". You'll then only get the clip you "send" to the App using "connect"

It's a real gotcha that Izo has never solved and you have to be vigilant since sometimes it changes when you launch the App and send a clip to it.

Interesting! I’ll check it out, thanks. 90% of the time RX connect works as I would expected it. It is just that other 10% that leaves me scratching my head.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepad View Post
The Izotope "official" reply re. these RX7 issues:

"Thanks for following up, and for the screenshots. I’ve discussed this with the Development Team here and it’s actually intentional that the Preview function has been removed from the AudioSuite version of these modules.

Certain features of RX 7 utilize a new Preview protocol that has shown to conflict with Pro Tools’s during our compatibility testing. For this reason, we have removed the Preview function from the AudioSuite version of the modules you reference in your last email.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may present. I will certainly pass along your feedback to the RX Development Team for consideration in future updates."

I agree! Seems odd to me. They should have let that be known in front of the release.

It's not a bug it's a "Feature"...YIKES !!! how can this be a thing. when ALL the other AS modules AND the modules work in the "App"...which is our name for when we send it to the main display using "connect".

BTW that's my workaround for anyone interested...Send a clip over to the App with connect...test out some settings leave the App/module open and use those settings on the AS module. You can then batch process a bunch of clips. Even with this workaround it's a time save over doing it clip by clip.
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS