How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2015, 04:19 AM

Thumbs up Soundtoys TDM effects v4 Users. want to keep TDM and have V5

Hi,

Quick update: Soundtoys have released an update to V5 today that fixes a few found bugs!

Starting a new thread so this doesn't get lost in the depths of the other Soundtoys V5 Thread!!

Important for those who wish to continue using TDM versions of TDM effects bundle and upgrade to V5 and use the new plugins as AAX. and keep using your V4 as TDM

For me as a TDM HD user it was important for me to continue to use my V4 TDM effects plugins and not switch over entirely to AAX Native. (as I have 6 Accel cards of course and my CPU won't take much more native use)

So after contacting Soundtoys Support (Thanks to Walker at ST support) and confirming this would work, here's how it goes.

Firstly I suggest contacting ST support yourself just to be sure you're good to go and that they will give you a TDM effects NFR Licence once you surrender your TDM effects V4 licence. It says in the FAQ that they will do this

1. Purchase the V5 upgrade. (If you own v4 TDM effects and a few of the other/free plugs it was a bargain $50 )

2. Download V5 ilok auth to your ilok 2 this will require the surrender of your TDM effects V4 license.

3. Contact support with your V5 purchase details and serial number and ilok account etc and ask them to deposit the V4 TDM effects NFR license (NFR... Not For Resale)

4. Download the V4 NFR Licence to your ilok.

Now the slightly tricky bit.... ( This is for MAC only PC will be different but same principle)

5. Go to System drive/ Application support/ Digidesign/ plugins folder.... Copy all your Soundtoys plugins to a new folder on the desktop ( to copy hold alt whilst dragging them to the new folder)

6. Run the installer for the new V5 everything bundle. All plugins will install to the AAX plugins folder. (All TDM versions would be removed during this install, hence why we copied them to the desktop step 5)

7. Go to System drive/ Application support/ Avid/ AAX plugins folder... Now remove the AAX plugins you wish to CONTINUE using as TDM, for me Echoboy/Crystalizer/Panman/Decapitator/Phase Mistress/Filter Freak/ Tremolator etc.

8. Go to System drive/ Application support/ Digidesign/ plugins folder.... Copy back into this folder the Soundtoys plugs you wish to Continue using as TDM, These are the ones you copied to you desktop at step 5 above. For me this was... Echoboy/Crystalizer/Panman/Decapitator/Phase Mistress/Filter Freak/ Tremolator etc. (Older plugs that are not in the V5 AAX bundle still work as TDM Pitch Blender/ Pitch Doctor/ Pure pitch/ Speed)

9. Boot pro tools and enjoy your new and old Soundtoys plugins.

The new plugs primalTap, Radiator, Devil loc, Little altar boy etc, as expected are all little gems. Plus you get the rack. voila

Soundtoys you guys rock!

P.S still got my Eventide Harmonizer in the rack DSP 4500 special edition

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Soundtoys TDM effects v4 Users. want to keep TDM and have V5

Chris, thanks for the doing the investigation and for the heads up on it. Very valuable info and super important to those of us who have the same needs.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:35 AM

Thanks Chris - very clear advice, much appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 10-16-2015, 07:59 AM

Coolio. Got my TDM V4 back in my iLok

I'd love to see Pitch Blender, Pitch Doctor, Pure Pitch & Speed as AAX too. Anyone else?!

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 10-16-2015, 08:07 AM

I contacted Soundtoys beforehand & they were kind enough to send a NFR asset before I even purchased. Supposedly putting V5 on your ilok requires surrender of V4, but it never asked. So I put NFR on another ilok, just in case ilok asks for it later. (there was that snafu a yr or so ago where ilok arbitrarily grabbed assets from ilok users). But for PTHD 10 users, its a good thing to be able to use both.