Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-06-1999, 10:27 AM

Default buzzing problem

I use Toolbox. PT 4.3. on Mac 7200/100 with a G3 card. Works great. This mac has built-in RCA ins and outs. Andromedia card is also installed on the PCI clot.

Anyways, when I use the built-in RCA jacks, I get a buzz on my recordings. When I use the Andromedia, sound quality is awesome-no buzz. Is it normal to get buzz using the built-in RCA jacks??? Will a Hum Eliminator fix this problem?

I'd really like to use the built-in RCA jacks so that I can record 16 tracks. With the Andromedia card, I'm limited to 8 tracks. 16 tracks would be very helpful.

(Also, possible dumb question, but I'll ask anyways.) Is it possible to attach two andromedia cards, thus getting 16 tracks?
Old 10-06-1999, 10:47 AM

Default Re: buzzing problem

alldaywire

If you remove the AMIII card and record directly into DAE PowerMix does the buzz go away? If so take a alligator clip and ground the AMIII card to the CPU.

Unfortunately there is no way to use two or more AMIII cards in the CPU at one time.

Brad
Old 10-06-1999, 11:27 AM

Default Re: buzzing problem

I'll try that. However, I'm using ProTools' latest 4.3.2 upgrade. I think I remember reading in the manual something about this latest upgrade requires Andromedia to be installed. They did this as some sort of security method in addit authorisation number. I have to re-read my manual to make sure. Anyways, I may not be able to run ProTools without Andromedia, thus not be able to check the buzz.

We'll see.