Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-06-1999, 02:09 AM

Default USB midi & HUI

Hello all

I have just recieved a G4, and set it up with PT24MIX plus & HUI, and a Roland USB MPU64 midi interface.

Running PT and SV PRO (opcode) atb the same time, with SV pro set to MIDI only, using it as a sequncer.

Everything works fine, except when I use the CHANNEL or BANK buttons on HUI to move between channels, glitched occur in the MIDI playback of Studio vision PRO.

I have all the latest drivers & versions for everything.

I just borrowed the Roland I/face to test USB for MIDI.
Befor this setup, I had a B/W G3 with stealth port and opcode studio 64. It worked fine.

Maybe it is the Roland USB I/F. I may need something like A unitor MKII USB, or an OPCODE USB when available.

Any other users with USB midi problems ?
Old 10-06-1999, 05:34 AM

Default Re: USB midi & HUI

i noticed the same problem but in protools. i am however using a usb interface but not thru usb connection.(SERIAL) MIDI EXPRESS XT
it has a serial port.but this only seems to effect the midi.