Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 AM

Default Midi notes cutting out when triggering plug-ins from Pro Tools/sequencing on MPC

Hi All,

I've got a problem I have not been able to fix after several attempts. For some reason when playing a melody together with chords some notes cut off.

I've got several virtual instruments installed (like Ivory and kontakt 5) and I'm triggering them from Pro Tools HD 9 while sequencing on the Akai MPC 4000. So i'm basically using Pro Tools as a sound module. I've got the MPC's Midi OUT D connected to a USB Midi interface connected to the computer. I'm using a Yamaha Motif XS 8 to play these sounds. I've got the Motif's Midi IN & OUT connected to the MPC's Midi IN & OUT aswell. Also have Default Thru Instrument in Preferences/Midi turned to None.

When I trigger sounds from the Motif and sequence them on the MPC there is no problem. Also when I record the midi from the MPC into pro tools and then let Ivory play this midi inside Pro Tools there is no problem.

I'm running Pro Tools HD 9.0.3. (which is the version which runs stable with my Apogee Converters and Magma Chasis, higher versions don't recognize my Pro Tools cards inside the Magma for some reason) and MAC OSX 10.6.8

I'm made some sound clips of the problem. Which you can listen to here

Problem Audio - Using Ivory inside Pro Tools while playing midi notes from MPC 4000
http://yourlisten.com/channel/conten...n=il36w6rolslc

Normal audio - Using Motif piano sound while playing midi notes from MPC 4000
http://yourlisten.com/channel/conten...n=dcp9h46ywoao