Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2014, 08:08 PM

Default Melodyne track going out of sync.

I've had this happen twice.

After a period of edits (fairly long), Melodyne will lose sync with PT11 and play back delayed.

I have a sneaking suspicion it is related to conductor tracks because if I bounce the track, the clip that is problematic seems to be stretched out.

I hope to discover a recipe for this behavior.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Melodyne track going out of sync.

All versions on Melodyne are deeply related to your MIDI time (conductor tracks)
Plug-in? Single Track? Rewire? Standalone?
Keep in mind Single track references to the beginning of the session so if you have vari-tempos try to work in segments and print as you go (Have a routed audio track beneath your Mel track).
Converting anything to MIDI requires import from session start.
Make any conductor track (Tempo) changes while Melodyne is in use will goof the whole thing.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:00 PM

i wonder if this is in any way related to the autotune 7 loses tracking bug?
might indicate a flaw with aax implementation on avid's end of things
Old 03-08-2014, 06:19 PM

In the past, I have had Melodyne lose sync while transferring. I learned that when transferring audio into Melodyne, I needed to keep my hands off the keyboard and mouse. Any activity done while transferring could screw it up. As long as I leave things alone, I don't get any sync issues. Once done transferring, life goes on.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 03-08-2014, 08:21 PM

In my experience, melodyne is hard to work with. It refuses to sync when in rewire (melodyne editor standalone) and the plug-in version is difficult to use because it cannot control the transport. I've not experienced it going completely out of sync, but I commonly get drifts that I have to manually correct after printing. It's a disappointment.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:50 PM

I'm going to guess here that you have multiple tempos through the song.
Melodyne doesn't handle tempo changes very well, especially if you start your initial transfer after the song start, say at the first chorus. It will be fine as long you are playing the selection you transferred but once you go outside of this it will lose sync.
The solution is to start your transfer from bar 1 and continue on until the end of the song, which is a pain if all you are wanting to fix is the last line of the song!!
I have also read that if you turn the conductor track off it will stay in sync although I have never tried this.
Hope this helps
HD Native PCIe
Apogee Symphony I/O
Avid HD I/O
192 I/O
Waves DLI
Apogee Mini Me
Mbox Micro
Old 03-09-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Modisette View Post
I've had this happen twice.

After a period of edits (fairly long), Melodyne will lose sync with PT11 and play back delayed.

I have a sneaking suspicion it is related to conductor tracks because if I bounce the track, the clip that is problematic seems to be stretched out.

I hope to discover a recipe for this behavior.
If there's a tempo change in your PT-session, you have to let MelodyneEditor learn the tempo change(s) of the DAW-host.

http://helpcenter.celemony.com/edito...k_tour_72.html

Pretty simple process. If you will use more MelodyneEditors within the same PT-session, just let it learn the tempo and save it as a PT-PlugIn-Preset and recall that setting before transferring audio from another track.

Doing this pretty often and never had a problem.

But if it's a straight tempo within your PT-session and you are running into "out of sync issues" I got no idea what could be wrong beside the usual trouble shooting stuff (trashing Melodyne/PT prefs etc.).
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8