How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-02-2017, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Workspace: Search 'rain' get 'train'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Cool, no problem. In your case simply type "rain" (with the quotation marks). Less typing, similar result but you won't find records that are named 'raining' or any other forms in different tenses.

F.
Using the quotes actually still returns all of the others...which is why this is strange behaviour because I know the quotes in boolean mean 'exact'. The - works though so thank you!
Old 04-08-2019, 02:13 PM

Resurrecting an old thread...
In Pro Tools 2018.1 workspace, this is the string I need to enter to find just an "owl" sound effect: owl -bowl -slowl -growl -yowl - howl -cowl

WTF?? Is there still no way to search for an exact spelling? Quotation marks should be the standard. I seem to remember being able to in PT10
Old 03-18-2020, 04:33 AM

Yeah - this is anoying me now - I'm searching for a simple "Ding" sound from my SFX library an I get a load of stuff containing "ding" = sliding / ending / landing / breastfeeding.

This is a massive wast of time.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:08 AM

I don't know if you can mess with this in settings but the closest matches are always on top. If you don't see any RAIN could be because there's nothing with that exact word in the name.

Bad thing is that file names often have symbols with no space which can mess a search, maybe adding a tick box to search for the exact words would be a useful addition.