Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 AM

Default Dolby Products TC issues

Dear All,
I'm having some very annoying TC issues with Dolby products and Audiofiles that were created in Pro Tools. This happens to me in Dolby Media Encoder as well as in Dolby Media Meter 2 (v2.1.25):

- I load bwav 5.1 tracks of finished film projects (in order to either create ac3s or check loudness)
- All of them have 09:58:00:00 as start-TC, which is my default session start. Third party bwav-readers confirm this start-TC
- Framerate is either 24 or 25 depending on the project
- Once I load these files in either Dolby standalone application, it suggests:

Specify Range From: 09:57:24:04 To xx:xx:xx:xx (This TC depends on the length of audio) and 29.97fps as framerate

Now, first I thought it just couldn't read neither TC nor framerate and suggested this wrong start-TC, then I realized it would do exactly this on every single project I load - always 09:59:24:04.
It's wrong by ~00:00:34:20
And worse: If I specify range e.g. 10:00:00:00 to 11:30:20:00 to either measure loudness or decode for dvd, it will still be wrong by that amount and start measuring or decoding at ~10:00:34:20!

Workarounds with using "seconds" or "samples" instead of framerates also haven't proven helpful. On the contrary, if I try to type "Specify Range From: 120 seconds" it will simply jump to some cryptic number like 35844.1333

Last but not least, if I measure loudness with DMM2 on a project and specify range as it suggests from 09:57:24:04 To xx:xx:xx:xx I can take a look at the graph and read the TC values of specific parts of the film and the curve by simply holding my mouse on it. If I specify my desired range (which won't translate correctly as stated earlier), TCs in the graph will always be 00:00:00. It does tell me the time of day though, when that specific part of the files was measured, which I really couldn't care less about

This puzzles me, considering it's version 2.1.25, so I figured it must be an error in my workflow since I haven't read anything about it online.

Anybody having these issues?
Thanks in advance.

Gregor