Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2011, 03:13 PM

Default Can't relink audio after mac to pc transfer

Hello DUC users,

I recently acquired a session from a mac on PT 5. We did the force compatability now I have wav files and the copy of the session. I open it in PT 8 on my pc and all the regions are in their proper places but the audio is not relinkined properly. I can get some to relink but not all o them and when they do they are lined up improperly. I don't know much about how the relinking works. But it looks to me like they have different original ID's

The path for the missing files is

*://desktop folder/copy of Trizzy/audio files/(name of audio file)

Trizzy is the name of the session.

I have all 187 audio files in their own older so I know where they all are but I don't want to realign them by hand. There has to be a better way, I just am not very amiliar with how to get the linking to work properly! Please help! I'd be extremely grateful.

Thank you so much

-zak
Old 06-27-2011, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Can't relink audio after mac to pc transfer

From PT5, I would guess those are SD II files? Just how did you go about "forcing" compatibility? Did you open the session on an older Mac and choose File>Save Session Copy In....and select Enforce PC/Mac compatibility, AND select WAVE as the file format?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-27-2011, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Can't relink audio after mac to pc transfer

Yep that is what they did. They also sent me the session file. I don't know why people don't upgrade. This is what I sent them to do. I think it will work a little better. What do you think?

3 minutes agoZak 'Flowetic' Kazanski
Hey Khalid,

This is Zak. The session and audio you sent me didnt work quite right I can't relink the audio because the folder where the audio was saved changed the audio id tags.

Heres a step by step that will make everything as seamless as possible.

1. "Delete all unused audio files" Go to your "Regions" list on the far right. Click the list. Then click select > unused audio. Then click clear. Then click delete.

2. "Making all audio regions in each track one easy to use audio file" Using your selector tool highlight your entire session (all audio in every track) from the very beginning to slightly after the last audio region. Then press shift+option+3 at the same time to consolidate the regions. This will make each track one audio file instead of multiple audio files. You should now have 17 used audio tracks that all begin at 0 (the very beginning)

3."Remove seperate regions from disk" Repeat step one so that only the 17 audio files for each track are on your hard disk and in your "region" list.

4. "Save session and convert audio" Now go to file > Save session copy as... Click enforce mac/pc compatibility. Choose wav. as the file extension.

5. "Sending the files" Now all you should need to do is send me the 17 wav files. I won't even need the session. I can import them into a new session and they should all line up directly at the beginning. Isaiah can do this via his external. In fact he should do it

This should all take about 5 minutes max.