Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Where is 12.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
I wish Avid would let us with perpetual licenses pay for the versions we want to upgrade without penalizing us if we choose that an upgrade does not improve our experience.
Prior to the start of the subscription model, I had weighed in that the math doesn't work for Avid's customers, but was told to wait and see...........so here we are now. Its a yearly tithe to the king pretty much, taxation without representation.

I understand your point, but there is another way to do what you stated above. Drop the yearly fee asap and wait for the version that contains real value and is stable to opt back in. The software will still work fine in the meantime, and it sends Avid the message they need to get the cart back behind the horse in the only way they listen. Anything short is falling on deaf ears.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latweek View Post
Drop the yearly fee asap and wait for the version that contains real value and is stable to opt back in. The software will still work fine in the meantime, and it sends Avid the message they need to get the cart back behind the horse in the only way they listen. Anything short is falling on deaf ears.
While I agree that your probably right, I don't want to have to pay $999 for a Pro Tools | HD Upgrade and Reinstatement Plan if I let my plan lapse and then decide to jump back on a year later. Luckily I have until December to decide. Hopefully we will see something by then.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 04-28-2017, 02:39 PM

They gotcha by the balls.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
While I agree that your probably right, I don't want to have to pay $999 for a Pro Tools | HD Upgrade and Reinstatement Plan if I let my plan lapse and then decide to jump back on a year later. Luckily I have until December to decide. Hopefully we will see something by then.
No doubt. I just wanted to say that even for the $1k fee, if you had skipped 2 years, it would save $800. One of the reasons why Avid hiding its roadmap is a critical piece of the equation, is that it keeps subscribers on the edge of their seats not knowing how or when the value is coming for their money.

I'm not pushing anyone into doing something they don't want to do. For a business, I don't think its as big an issue as for the individual customer, all depends on your revenue/expenses.

The Vegas presentation had a roadmap of significant features and where they were in the pipeline. I would take a look at that and make your best decision.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeil View Post
Looks like Dolby Atmos is a separate marketplace suite, rather than being 12.8:

https://www.facebook.com/AvidProTool...48844761826674

http://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductDe...te&&store=shop

I emailed them to find out it this is a re-occuring license OR professional knockoff. It also does not go any higher than 48khz support.
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 04-28-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
don't worry....12.8 will be out just before its ready
LOL --- This one had me giggling for several minutes
Old 04-28-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
If your paying for the same Air, I would rather pay $99

And I would feel better about it than the other schmucks that got stuck paying $399, for the same air.....
I'd gladly lay down 1000 EURO for ProTools Bug Fixes.

I literally cannot use the DAW as it is today. I do LOTs of VI and MIDI !!!
Old 04-28-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
I'd gladly lay down 1000 EURO for ProTools Bug Fixes.
Don't say that out loud, someone could believe you, raise the price and say that's the results of a poll
Old 04-28-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
Don't say that out loud, someone could believe you, raise the price and say that's the results of a poll
LOL exactly ... a poll from the same people who were in the focus group asking for all the Cloud Collaboration and that group seem to be a secret society somewhere. No one names them by name but Avid took that group as representing the whole PT user base

#TrueStory

Sorry but I had to ... say this out loud ...

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-28-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Yes, it's the integration that is bundled into 12.8 HD it seems. At least the suite itself isn't horrifically expensive @$299.
Probably just to cover Dolby licensing fees