Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2002, 04:25 AM

Default Waves 3.5 and PTLE freeze ups

Well, the new version of the Waves Renaissance Collection does run much more efficiently
on my Athlon-based system. However, on occasion when opening a Waves window (ie for
an EQ plugin on a track) PTLE freezes.

My PTLE has been stable for months.

Sometimes this corresponds to an error dialog (...operating system holdoffs...), but not
always. Has anyone else had this experience?

Also, when I have the Windows multimedia set to digi001 channels 1-2 for normal windows
sounds, PTLE sometimes can't acquire the hardware. If I change this multimedia setting
PT seems to work fine.

Any help with either of these problems will be greatly appreciated. I'm still able to record/mix,
but I have to arm-wrestle my computer with musicians watching me.

thanks
Old 06-17-2002, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Waves 3.5 and PTLE freeze ups

i've had similar problems with waves plugins. you're right about the "operating system holding off interrupts too long" message. that's the culprit.

here's what's happening: you pull up a plug and PT goes bonkers and gives you that error. the problem is that the error dialog box is BEHIND the plugin window and they're both stuck until something happens to one or the other. you need to pull that error dialog box up to the front.

here's the solution: hit ctrl+alt+del ONCE! the windows end program dialog box will appear. then hit ESC and the end program dialog box will disappear and the PT error dialog box will come to the front. hit the ok button and everything will go back to normal.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Waves 3.5 and PTLE freeze ups

Thanks.. I did notice that small dialog box. It seems that when this error
happens Windows becomes unstable. PT won't shut down, etc.

it's more of an irritant than anything else.