Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-21-2018, 06:27 AM
MrJohnoCarillon MrJohnoCarillon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 24
Default No product registration confirmation yet (2hrs) Is this normal?

So I'm returning to DUC after about 7-8 years of not needing assistance in any way *raises a glass to the sturdy PT10HD HD3 TDM* but now I've gone and got a great deal on a HD Native PCIe bundle and so I'm back to rejoin the flock (hopefully briefly) once again.

Ive just registered a brand new HDN PCIe card, it's been a couple hours and I haven't had any confirmation by email yet. are they just slow? or am I just being impatient?

Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-21-2018, 10:01 AM
BScout BScout is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: No product registration confirmation yet (2hrs) Is this normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnoCarillon View Post
So I'm returning to DUC after about 7-8 years of not needing assistance in any way *raises a glass to the sturdy PT10HD HD3 TDM* but now I've gone and got a great deal on a HD Native PCIe bundle and so I'm back to rejoin the flock (hopefully briefly) once again.

Ive just registered a brand new HDN PCIe card, it's been a couple hours and I haven't had any confirmation by email yet. are they just slow? or am I just being impatient?

Thanks guys!
It's been a while, but I don't remember ever getting a confirmation email.

Log into your my.avid.com account and see if it is listed in your "products and subscriptions"

Any confirmation email would serve no purpose. Quite frankly, registering serves no purpose. Only for the software is it important (to get iLok assets) and that includes a digilink i/o license (which is on a separate plastic card you get with new avid interfaces.)

If you are trying to run the HDn card with older HD (blue) interfaces, you'll need that license. And have to pay for it separately.
__________________
Pro Tools Ult 2019.6, HDX 3, MTRX/SPQ, HD OmniMac Pro 5,1 - 3.06 GHz 12 core - macOS 10.13.6RAM 64GB, SSD 4 x 2TB, GPU GTX 980 4GB
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-24-2018, 06:52 AM
MrJohnoCarillon MrJohnoCarillon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 24
Default Re: No product registration confirmation yet (2hrs) Is this normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
It's been a while, but I don't remember ever getting a confirmation email.

Log into your my.avid.com account and see if it is listed in your "products and subscriptions"

Any confirmation email would serve no purpose. Quite frankly, registering serves no purpose. Only for the software is it important (to get iLok assets) and that includes a digilink i/o license (which is on a separate plastic card you get with new avid interfaces.)

If you are trying to run the HDn card with older HD (blue) interfaces, you'll need that license. And have to pay for it separately.
You even need the license for the new HW too, which is just crazy! I have an Omni here, and a 192. Neither of them are working, because of that. if Im using PT10HD its no problem. im absolutely stuck at the moment... I bought this bundle because I was under the impression that new HW came with an IO license, and my HW is unreg'ed and never taken out of the box, as was my software and my HDN
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-24-2018, 09:37 AM
Darryl Ramm Darryl Ramm is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 13,103
Default Re: No product registration confirmation yet (2hrs) Is this normal?

What *exactly* did you purchase and was new from an authorized Avid dealer or used or “unopened” etc.? Buying stuff used and being told stuff is unregistered... well you hope the seller is correct.

You say bundle... you mean with a HD interface box or with Pro Tools software? If it was not an interface bundle then there is no DigiLink License included. As already suggested check if a DigiLink license is sitting in your account already, depending on what is really going on here you might need to beg Avid support or worse case purchase a DigiLink License.

What is unusual here is PCIe HD cards are no longer available from Avid, so you either purchased something used or old-stock from a dealer. If a dealer was involved I would hope they would be helping you here. If you purchased something used, not from a dealer, which I am guessing you might have....then you may be at Avid’s mercy, I would be filing a support case and asking really nicely, not complaining about stuff here

But either way, if you need more help from Avid file a (free) registration support case online. With the Thanksgiving holiday in the USA it is unlikely Avid folks have seen this post, and your best bet with licensing is usually to go direct to support and then quote that support ticket # if needing more help via DUC.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 11-24-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-24-2018, 11:22 AM
BScout BScout is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: No product registration confirmation yet (2hrs) Is this normal?

If you bought the Omni before 9/26/2016, you can request a DigiLink I/o license for free from avid support. If you got it after, then the I/o license card should have been in the box. This has nothing to do with registering the hardware itself. There would have been a separate card for that license.

You only need one license per system.

The 192 does not count to get a license. You would need to buy it separately

If you got the Omni by some other means, check with who sold it to you.

Info is here
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-O-license-for
__________________
Pro Tools Ult 2019.6, HDX 3, MTRX/SPQ, HD OmniMac Pro 5,1 - 3.06 GHz 12 core - macOS 10.13.6RAM 64GB, SSD 4 x 2TB, GPU GTX 980 4GB
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-24-2018, 02:18 PM
MrJohnoCarillon MrJohnoCarillon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 24
Default Re: No product registration confirmation yet (2hrs) Is this normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
If you bought the Omni before 9/26/2016, you can request a DigiLink I/o license for free from avid support. If you got it after, then the I/o license card should have been in the box. This has nothing to do with registering the hardware itself. There would have been a separate card for that license.

You only need one license per system.

The 192 does not count to get a license. You would need to buy it separately

If you got the Omni by some other means, check with who sold it to you.

Info is here
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-O-license-for
Thanks for your help guys, I think what I have here is one of the old bundles from before the name switch and license introduction. probably 2016 or earlier. It's an open box but brand new package bundle with an Omni, HDN PCIe, and Pro Tools Ultimate. All sealed items that I opened myself. The PT box is actually still the old HD name, and there's no IO license As this bundle predates the license introduction. So Im pretty stuck.. I thought that because the bundle was all inclusive and was sold to work as a set that it'd have everything I needed, and as the Omni is essentially new, unused and unregistered I thought that the IO license was deposited in my account after I register it. I didn't realise that it was on a card...

If you registered pre 2016 you'd get a license, and if you buy new HW you get a license. But I now own a pre 2016 system bundle, WITH a new piece of HW which predates the license intro'... so I'm in a kind of limbo area where I can't use the system I just paid a lot of money for :-/ Unless I can get Avid to see my plight and help me out with a license or a copy of PTU12.5 so I can actually use my rig as I had expected to be able to.

Nothing is ever simple, but It wouldn't be half as interesting if it was.

Last edited by MrJohnoCarillon; 11-24-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-24-2018, 02:52 PM
Darryl Ramm Darryl Ramm is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 13,103
Default Re: No product registration confirmation yet (2hrs) Is this normal?

You are not "stuck". You need to actually do what I already mentioned... you should file a free licensing support case online with Avid support. Plead your case briefly and clearly there. Post the support ticket number here and I expect jeffro will see it and help if needed.

I would hope Avid helps you out...esp. since lots of folks have issues with no new PCIe cards available and you did get an Omni... but worse case if they don't (not a dealer sale?) you can buy a DigiLink license online in the Avid store (which you can do right now if you critically need to use this).

Unless you have other reasons to I would not go back to 12.5. Get on 2018.10 on a compatible OS. Worth paying for a separate DigiLink license if needed to do that. Edit: mmm I see you have a Mac Pro Cheesegrater but don't list the OS X version. Be sure to spend time worrying about what OS X/macOS you can run on that (including possible firmware updates, all the version compatibility escape my memory there) and what modern Pro Tools that lets you run.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-24-2018, 03:36 PM
MrJohnoCarillon MrJohnoCarillon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 24
Default Re: No product registration confirmation yet (2hrs) Is this normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You are not "stuck". You need to actually do what I already mentioned... you should file a free licensing support case online with Avid support. Plead your case briefly and clearly there. Post the support ticket number here and I expect jeffro will see it and help if needed.

I would hope Avid helps you out...esp. since lots of folks have issues with no new PCIe cards available and you did get an Omni... but worse case if they don't (not a dealer sale?) you can buy a DigiLink license online in the Avid store (which you can do right now if you critically need to use this).

Unless you have other reasons to I would not go back to 12.5. Get on 2018.10 on a compatible OS. Worth paying for a separate DigiLink license if needed to do that. Edit: mmm I see you have a Mac Pro Cheesegrater but don't list the OS X version. Be sure to spend time worrying about what OS X/macOS you can run on that (including possible firmware updates, all the version compatibility escape my memory there) and what modern Pro Tools that lets you run.
Thanks very much Darryl, I shall do that.

Im currently using PTU12 on OSX High Sierra, which is running fine. I also had the HDN card with the Omni hooked up to PT10HD on the same machine before I reinstalled everything to run PTU, and it worked flawlessly. I have a case open at the moment regarding the registration of the omni and Gerrard at Avid said that they would just register it that side for me once I sent them the details, but yeah, it wasn't bought from an official Avid dealer...

I haven't heard back yet but as was mentioned before, it is thanksgiving weekend so maybe they're all busy? I could open a license case though, although I don't want to flood them with cases if they can take care of it from the original case I made, which I did mention about the IO license. Fingers crossed anyway.

My case number for that is 03596595

Thanks again for your help, Darryl
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Product registration help Maceo Smith General Discussion 4 11-12-2009 07:51 AM
Registration-how long till the confirmation ? Belle 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 9 02-29-2004 07:03 PM
registration, no confirmation? Emerson Scott 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 1 09-06-2003 10:19 PM
Registration confirmation E. D. Cooper 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 4 02-23-2000 11:28 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com