Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | First Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06-26-2019, 10:40 AM
Barryd's Avatar
Barryd Barryd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Richmond North Yorkshire
Posts: 32
Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Project data is stored in your Documents > Pro Tools > Project Cache but Pro Tools First won't recognize it if moved/restored manually. If you have unique audio you might want to export it (mixed or individual tracks with/without effects) as a backup.


If your internet connection is solid then it never has to re-connect so you won't experience the problem. If your internet is not reliable you should disable it, launch PT and work on your Project, quit PT, then enable internet. Again, this is only if you are using local-only Projects (cloud Projects are not affected).
Ok thanks. I think I tried connecting with no internet on my laptop and it complained about it then something about stuff not being synchronised. Will check it again.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-26-2019, 11:08 AM
jeffro's Avatar
jeffro jeffro is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 8,273
Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryd View Post
Ok thanks. I think I tried connecting with no internet on my laptop and it complained about it then something about stuff not being synchronised. Will check it again.
If you're working with local-only Projects you don't need an internet connection but still need to sign into Pro Tools First.

More importantly... the update released today fixes this, so please update ASAP. Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Barryd's Avatar
Barryd Barryd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Richmond North Yorkshire
Posts: 32
Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
If you're working with local-only Projects you don't need an internet connection but still need to sign into Pro Tools First.

More importantly... the update released today fixes this, so please update ASAP. Thanks!
Thanks. So the fix is out. Not got Pro tools open on this laptop but presume there is an update option somewhere?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-27-2019, 06:32 AM
junkgear's Avatar
junkgear junkgear is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,164
Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryd View Post
Thanks. So the fix is out. Not got Pro tools open on this laptop but presume there is an update option somewhere?
Log into your Avid account and go to the My Products area.
The updated version will be in the ProTools | First area.
__________________
Will K

System Details
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-06-2019, 12:51 AM
Barryd's Avatar
Barryd Barryd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Richmond North Yorkshire
Posts: 32
Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
Log into your Avid account and go to the My Products area.
The updated version will be in the ProTools | First area.
Thanks. Just got around to doing this.

Is this it? Its massive and will take me yonks to download on my connection. Just want to be sure its the right one first. I presume its a complete new install then not just an update. Will it keep all my settings, files etc?

Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-06-2019, 01:23 AM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 11,724
Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Thats the one. Takes a few minutes here. Do you still have a 9600 dial up modem when you say it will take ”yonks” ...
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-06-2019, 01:27 AM
Barryd's Avatar
Barryd Barryd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Richmond North Yorkshire
Posts: 32
Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Thats the one. Takes a few minutes here. Do you still have a 9600 dial up modem when you say it will take ”yonks” ...
9600 Baud modem!!! Oooh how I would love a 9600!!! Still on 1200 here and some woman with a 40s hair style who speaks like the Queen has to connect you. I live out in the sticks so its not great!

Ive set it away downloading anyway. Will be back in a week.

Ill try it on the laptop first as it doesnt matter if it screws that one up. I have a lot of ongoing projects on my main PC though and ill be twitching a bit upgrading that one.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-06-2019, 04:43 AM
Barryd's Avatar
Barryd Barryd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Richmond North Yorkshire
Posts: 32
Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Ok a few observations. It finally downloaded and Ive installed it and been playing about with it. I was a bit alarmed at some of the release notes that are linked to the Avid site which say Xpand!2 is not included in the installer and then further down in updates it says there are issues with the Xpand!2 installer but after installing mine is there so maybe it was because it was already installed I dont know.

Im working on my test laptop so it doesnt matter if it goes awry. Everything seemed to work as it should. I tried disconnecting the internet and all seemed ok (twice). The only thing I noticed (and this may have been covered) is if you start PTF with no internet connection it complains about not being able to sign in but you get this message below.



Click cancel and it lets you in but there are no projects.



Reconnect the internet and they all come back. I think someone mentioned uninstalling Avid project manager or something to get round this problem but you cant access your offline projects without at least being connected to the internet when you sign in. It seems you can disconnect once signed in though and work away.

Just toying with the idea of updating my main PC now.

I should add that all my projects are offline projects on this laptop.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-07-2019, 07:31 AM
junkgear's Avatar
junkgear junkgear is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,164
Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryd View Post
Ok a few observations. It finally downloaded and Ive installed it and been playing about with it. I was a bit alarmed at some of the release notes that are linked to the Avid site which say Xpand!2 is not included in the installer and then further down in updates it says there are issues with the Xpand!2 installer but after installing mine is there so maybe it was because it was already installed I dont know.

Im working on my test laptop so it doesnt matter if it goes awry. Everything seemed to work as it should. I tried disconnecting the internet and all seemed ok (twice). The only thing I noticed (and this may have been covered) is if you start PTF with no internet connection it complains about not being able to sign in but you get this message below.

......

Reconnect the internet and they all come back. I think someone mentioned uninstalling Avid project manager or something to get round this problem but you cant access your offline projects without at least being connected to the internet when you sign in. It seems you can disconnect once signed in though and work away.

Just toying with the idea of updating my main PC now.

I should add that all my projects are offline projects on this laptop.
This is how PTF works. This is from the FAQ:

An internet connection is not required when working with local Projects in Pro Tools | First though you must be signed in within Pro Tools | First to create or open them (since that controls access to your local Project cache). Working with cloud Projects does require an internet connection.
__________________
Will K

System Details
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Mix i/o lost connection with PT MP9 skiffle FireWire and USB Audio Interfaces (Mac) 7 12-05-2018 09:16 AM
Project 90% complete deleted. Wawili_Sound Pro Tools 2018 21 05-10-2018 11:11 AM
Can't delete projects (or remove from my project list) Boombatty Pro Tools 2018 1 06-05-2017 11:33 AM
Project removed by owner - haven't uploaded changes Boombatty Pro Tools 2018 0 02-01-2017 03:42 PM
old PT Project projects play only 8 tracks? cybchris 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 0 07-30-2000 04:18 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com