Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-15-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Digi003/PT LE 7.3/WinXP/MIDI Bank changes not retained

My MIDI tracks aren't retaining bank change messages (Controllers 0 and 32).

If I enter the values manually (for example to an outboard Alesis QSR), then click on a patch number, the bank and patch on the device will change, but the bank value disappears, and of course does not work when playing the track.

My master controller is a Fantom X7. MIDI in and out are connected, and it is set up to send and receive bank change messages. When I was running the old Digi 001 with LE 6.4 on a Mac G4, the bank change values in PT LE would change as I spun the dial on the Fantom, and would be saved. It no longer does that; nothing appears in the Controller 0 and 32 windows when I spin the dial.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been through every variable setting I can find.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Digi003/PT LE 7.3/WinXP/MIDI Bank changes not retained

I'm having that same problem also. I think this function got hosed when they implemented the midnam files. I was trying to do this same thing with a Lexicon MPX-100 which worked on 6.x.

My solution, although tedious, was to create a midnam file for the mpx-100 (it is not incl. with PT) which included the patches I was planning to use. PT seems to register the patch changes ok if used in conjunction with a midnam file. I would also really like to see this fixed....
Old 11-15-2007, 01:38 PM

If you are working with the Alesis, I do beleive PT includes a midnam file for the QSR, which should alleviate this problem.....
Old 11-16-2007, 06:34 AM

Although the bank changes are still not being retained, I did set up my outboard modules (Alesis QSRs, DM5, Peavey Spectrum Bass, etc.) using the patch name files, and they work. I'm still having a problem with the Fantom X7 because the Roland "Fantom" patch name file supplied with PT does not correspond to the Fantom X7; it probably applies to an older model. This is pretty bizarre, considering the Fantom X series has been Roland's flagship model for the last few years. They supply a patch name file for an obscure piece like the Peavey Spectrum Bass module, but not a Fantom X7 ......

Does anybody know where I can get a patch name file for the Roland X7?