How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2014, 04:24 AM

Default iLok Registration Problems

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Education version of Pro Tools 11 and created an iLok account to try and register my product. But every time I enter my iLok User ID when registering it keeps telling me that the User ID does not exist! My ID is mitch_o'brien. Is it because of the apostrophe I'm having trouble? I have no problems logging into iLok.com, it's just when I use it with Avid.com it tells me the ID doesn't exist.

I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me as the Avid website has been difficult to navigate in the customer service department.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: iLok Registration Problems

I checked with Avid IT and they said it is probably a problem with the Avid license activation due to the apostrophe in your iLok User ID.

If there are no licenses yet on your iLok, you should be able to remove it from your existing iLok account. If that works, then create a new iLok account.

A new iLok account would need a different email address, so if you do have another email address, but want to use your original email address on the second iLok account...you would want to change the email address on the original account so that you would be able to use the preferred email on your new iLok account.

You could ask support at www.iLok.com to just remove the apostrophe from your existing iLok account, but I don't know if that would be quicker or easier for you than creating a new account.

Either way, once you have an iLok account without the apostrophe, your Avid activation to deposit the Pro Tools 11 license should work as expected.

Sorry for the long winded response, this was a new one for me; a situation I haven't seen before.