Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 10-14-2016, 02:02 PM
Avid

Default Re: Got new license but PT 12.6 doesn't see it, how do I activate/surrender my old on

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtomjohnson View Post
...I also have a PT12 license and a Pro Tools Plan that show up in that account...
Thanks for that info. The Pro Tools 12 license authorizes Pro Tools 12.0-12.5.2. I see that the new Pro Tools Subscription license (which adds authorization for 12.6) was deposited in your account, so please activate that to your iLok2 and deactivate the Pro Tools 12 license.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Got new license but PT 12.6 doesn't see it, how do I activate/surrender my old on

Another frustrated user here who can't start Pro Tools because it can't see licenses on connected/lit iLok..

New build - clean 64bit system, Windows 7. Upgrade from Pro Tools LE 7.4 to what appears to be V.12.6.

New iLok V.2 - PT12, 11, 10 licenses activated in iLok Manager. Dongle seen by system. Pro Tools downloaded and installed. Synchronization performed.

iLok id entered in Pro Tools start-up screen -BUT- "You don't have any licenses in your account [there are 4!] or none of the licenses there have activations available [one of one activation used].

I have repeated all steps innumerable times and checked and rechecked all connections and routing. I hope I've missed something stupidly obvious because I've about had it with this arrangement. Please help!
Old 10-24-2016, 11:03 AM

Actually AVID should just release 12.6.1 reinstating the
Old licensing code until they are done beta testing.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:09 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
Another frustrated user here who can't start Pro Tools because it can't see licenses on connected/lit iLok..

New build - clean 64bit system, Windows 7. Upgrade from Pro Tools LE 7.4 to what appears to be V.12.6.

New iLok V.2 - PT12, 11, 10 licenses activated in iLok Manager. Dongle seen by system. Pro Tools downloaded and installed. Synchronization performed.

iLok id entered in Pro Tools start-up screen -BUT- "You don't have any licenses in your account [there are 4!] or none of the licenses there have activations available [one of one activation used].

I have repeated all steps innumerable times and checked and rechecked all connections and routing. I hope I've missed something stupidly obvious because I've about had it with this arrangement. Please help!
Thinking this might not be the right thread for your issue, but can't find any account based on your User Name or email address to confirm that. (Perhaps you could update your email address to match your Avid account.)

Can you please verify that you got a new license bundle as described in the announcement or release info?
Old 10-24-2016, 11:18 AM

Hi Jeffro - thanks for your attention on this matter.

I do differ slightly from the original post because I have no prior version on this new rig to surrender or deactivate.

My AVID account was updated and used last week in order to access and download my Sweetwater upgrade (from PT.LE V.7.4) active last week - in that regard, I was not a target for that announcement - I do, however have a brand new iLok2 and Manager acct.

Happy to pass along id info if that helps resolve this issue
Old 10-24-2016, 11:21 AM

jeffro

email has been updated.

cheers
Old 10-24-2016, 11:25 AM
Avid

Quote:
...Happy to pass along id info if that helps resolve this issue
We'd need your account info (which shouldn't be posted here) so since you just activated a new plan you should be able to create a support case in your Avid account > Access The Support Center. If that is not enabled for some reason then please start a case here. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2016, 11:26 AM
Avid

Quote:
email has been updated.
Got it. So... you have the license bundle that authorizes up through 12.5.2. Will get a support case going to get this resolved.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:31 AM

I was just reviewing the product details and saw that version as well as prior versions. I'll uninstall this package and go with 12.5.2 for now - you've got your hands full with other pitchfork wielding villagers who appear to be in deeper trouble than I.

Thanks again - good luck!
Old 10-29-2016, 08:54 PM

I'm having the same issue. ive gone thru the activation and surrendered my licenses. i have the upgrade plan for protools 10/11/12. upon launch avid says i have no licenses. ilok shows that i have them all.