Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2016, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Can't place order to renew Upgrade Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59.9hz View Post
Anyone know where to get both of these:
$99 Upgrade Plan for Pro Tools SKU: 9513-30241-00 (Qty 1)
$89 Annual Upgrade and Support Plan Renewal for Sibelius SKU: 9513-30344-00 (Qty 1)

My _Perpetual Subscriptions_ are now expired and on borrowed time....
Go to avid.com, then Account and My Account. Click on My Products And Subscriptions and start with Pro Tools Upgrade Plan.

It wasn't obvious to myself but because it is under the title "7-Day Installation Support" but click on the Renew Support. Select the products you wish, add to cart and proceed to the shop if you are ready or most likely you'll want to add the Sibelius too.

Hope that helps?

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 09-14-2016, 09:26 PM

Thanks for the idea Stephen.

I did try that, that's how I got the SKUs - starting from My Products And Subscriptions, and moving on to the shopping cart.

Today, I used a fourth different computer, and installed a fresh copy of Chrome. Using the exact same approach as my six failed attempts, this time it worked.

I'm going to reserve my full opinion, but I have a difficult time believing the problem was on my end.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:28 PM

Appreciate you letting us know that the purchases finally went through. Thanks for your patience and perseverance!
Old 07-21-2017, 03:11 AM

Hi,

I've the exact same problem of not being able to renew my Pro Tools upgrade plan which is due for renewal.

At the checkout after entering payment information, on clicking Place Order - on Chrome, it just goes blank on the payment area, and on Safari, it spins forever. I've tried all latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox on one computer multiple times, and switched to another computer and tried the three browsers. Still no luck.

I really can't believe that this simple task of trying to renew my upgrade plan takes the whole day and still is unable to go through.

What magic formula will get this to work?

Please help!
Thanks!
Old 07-24-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shulow View Post
I've the exact same problem of not being able to renew my Pro Tools upgrade plan which is due for renewal.
At the checkout after entering payment information, on clicking Place Order - on Chrome, it just goes blank on the payment area, and on Safari, it spins forever. I've tried all latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox on one computer multiple times, and switched to another computer and tried the three browsers. Still no luck...
I see that your Upgrade Plan runs through 2018, so it appears that you solved this issue. Was there something specific you had to change to get it to work?
Old 07-25-2017, 12:23 PM

I decide to troubleshoot the payment issue on Avid, and opened up JavaScript console of the browser and found from the log that Avid payment couldn't contact the secure gateway of the bank HSBC for credit card payment. So I reckon that I will use another bank's credit card to pay. And that solves the problem. It isn't my Mac nor any web browser problem at all.

I do wonder why Avid shop is the only site that isn't able to communicate with this bank, as I used this bank's card to pay for other things (for my computer society membership, etc) on the same day and the next day with no issue at all (both days i tried with pro tools renewal unsuccessfully - until i decided to go into JavaScript console to look at the log and found the solution). So it would be good if Avid could look into getting this issue/bug sorted out on the payment gateway.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shulow View Post
I decide to troubleshoot the payment issue...
Thank you for the detailed info. I have passed this on to the webstore team for review.