Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 04:58 PM

Default Re: slowly running out of patience about PT HD 12.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Followup to this post from last week...

We are about half way through processing of these. Once completed you will find the downloads included at the bottom of your eligible product in your Avid account > My Products and Subscriptions as well as in Application Manager. You'll also see licenses like Eleven and Pro Tools Plan in your iLok account (FYI- Eleven Effects do not use iLok licenses).

Thanks again for your patience while we complete these.

JC
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:02 PM

Default Re: New Plug-in Bundles for Pro Tools 12.2

Webinar was what 3 weeks ago? i watched it yesterday to see and hear the new Audio guy (was it Tom?) say the plugins would be available within a few days to the middle of the month.

I remember Tony Cariddi saying new users can see what AVID delivers through the year to make their decision about upgrading onto a support plan.

Guys what you say and then follow through with is what determines how valuable your words are.

Investment in AVID reflects this in the way AVID stock is performing based on company claims of revenue vs actual delivered results as well. All reasonable things taken into account.

There is a pattern. It will take courage, honesty and determination to reverse it. It won't be easy, so it will be admirable to see you do it. Consider the sentiment i offer to be said with kindness not accusation as i believe you are good people. This isn't in any way personal. It is about the business ethic stance AVID the company takes under direction from it's leadership.

We have 2 x HD12 licenses paid for and no hint of anything beyond an AVID rep telling me i would have them on Sept 11 when i called support.

I am certain that anyone from AVID who knows all the above i am talking about is the plain and simple truth.

There are two things i would like to see happen.

Firstly i would like to see AVID staff be able to get past what surely must be quite a stressful time for you individually as the pressure you must surely be under can not be great fun and no one really likes to see others hurt.

Secondly for all the users who supported you upon the promise of cloud collaboration to be provided with the goodwill of extra time on support plans which compensates for the delays of promised features added to plan expiry dates.

I'm sorry but stability is a given, that is paid for on day one of anyone purchasing anything, however i would still like to say thank you for the latest version it is very good to work with and has restored stability and uninterrupted creativity.

Your promise of Cloud collaboration was a major reason i bought our upgrades as well as being a supporter of your call to action last year. That was actually a goodwill act of my own as i didn't require 12 and i imagine it was by many other users who bought in early.

I believe many in the same position having bought in early would have their own perception of disappointment and could ultimately share a similar point of view. I would hope any others who do don't take to this thread becoming argumentative but inspiring towards welcoming AVID to appreciate our position and respond in kind.

This whole letter is open, honest, partly harsh but mostly inviting and providing you, AVID with a pathway to users to meet and create avenues towards AVID strengthening in the age of music you play a part in now.

I hope you all are well and leave this note with best wishes.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:05 PM

Why don't they put the download links into folders?? And categories to make things a bit more organised and easier to find what you want. Or is that too simple. ?
Old 09-23-2015, 05:07 PM

Default Re: slowly running out of patience about PT HD 12.2

@YYR123

Where does it say the do this one at a time? They say it is being added and everyone should have the plugins by this weeks end or early next week.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Avid

Post Re: slowly running out of patience about PT HD 12.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
From a Post by DTS earlier it appears they process these manually 1 by 1.
We are not processing these one at a time manually. We have an automated process that works in batches. This just takes time, so please be patient. If you do not yet see the plug-ins in your account ("Additional Value Content included with your software" at the bottom of your Pro Tools product) please refer to our earlier post as to why... http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=2295309
Old 09-23-2015, 06:55 PM

Default AVID plugins have arrived!

FYI, The "as promised" AVID plugins have showed up via AVID Application Manager for my system!
Old 09-23-2015, 06:57 PM

Default Re: AVID plugins have arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafare View Post
FYI, The "as promised" AVID plugins have showed up via AVID Application Manager for my system!
Told ya

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-23-2015, 07:05 PM

Default Re: AVID plugins have arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafare View Post
And how do they sound?
Old 09-23-2015, 07:32 PM

Just got mine. I was quite surprised. I upgraded to PT 12 last June. Some nice plugins !
Old 09-23-2015, 08:25 PM

They're so slow & inept in this process I'm seriously thinking about buying a used Space asset on EBay and trimming down to the $99 upgrade plan if I do it at all. No excuses for this at all and I've all but given up trying to convert my friends to PT from Nuendo, Cubase or whatever else they're using as I would be horribly embarrassed by all this if I put my rep on the line for Avid.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Closed Thread