Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-18-2003, 06:15 AM

Default Auditioning samples while session is in play.

I been holding off using version 6 as I still have to get several PIs for it. However, with the improved stability in 6.1 and Rewire support, using it is looking increasingly attractive.

Is is still not possible to audition samples from the hard disk which are not currently in the session whilst the session is playing? To my mind, the ability to do this is fundamental in choosing sounds, even if they are not at the perfect tempo/pitch. Currently in 6.1, with the session playing, audition from within the Digibase Workspace Browser causes playback to stop. Digidesign, can this be changed so as to allow audition without stopping the session playback?

On a positive note, auditioning from within Pro Tools and not having to switch to Quicktime is an improvement. Also, is the facility to loop audition samples is great.

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 07-18-2003, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Auditioning samples while session is in play.

I can 'audition' files by dragging them on to a track. However, this creates a region each time which quickly build up as I 'audition' the files and delete them from the track when they are not useable. I sent a feature request to Digidesign web page

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 07-18-2003, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Auditioning samples while session is in play.

I too would like to audition sample while in play back. I usually import all the samples into the session a hit command and click on the sample in the regions list to listen to them. However this also stops play back, I guess need two play back engines or something like that.