Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-11-2011, 08:35 AM

Default Error Msg: "Pro Tools does not support unmapped network drives"

Hey all!

I'm sure this just a Dumb-End-User question.

I have Pro Tools LE 8 on my old PC running Windows XP Pro, SP3 with the 002R interface. (FYI---I have migrated to ProTools 9 on a MacBook Pro---which is far more stable! But I need to migrate a few sessions from the old PC system to the Mac.)

I had in mind to use "Save Copy of Session in" and copy all the session files plus the audio tracks to a blank CD that is loaded onto my CD-R/DVD-R internal drive. But when I go to run the "Save Copy of Session in" command to copy the session to the CD, I get the following error message: "Pro Tools does not support unmapped network drives"

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much,

Jack Prewitt
Rochester, NY
Old 07-11-2011, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Error Msg: "Pro Tools does not support unmapped network drives"

A blank CD is by definition a "unmapped" drive so you can't copy directly to it. Either "Save Copy of Session in" into a folder to burn after copying or just drag your original session folder on to the blank CD (if it fits).
Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Error Msg: "Pro Tools does not support unmapped network drives"

Thanks for the quick response.

I had a feeling it was fairly straight forward. Since my old sessions have mostly MIDI data and very little audio---and the audio files are located on a 2nd disk---I will copy to a new folder on the HD and then burn a data CD from there.

Best regards,

Jack