How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2017, 03:50 PM

Default Line 6 UX2 and Bias FX plugin not working in PT 12.7.1

Hello there,

Let me preface this by saying that i am a novice when it comes to setting up Pro tools properly even though i have been using it for about 3-4 months. I have also searched high and low(even in this forum) for answers but i seem to be the only one.

So i have 2 issues haunting me right now.

My interface is a Line 6 Studio UX2. About a week ago i was able to use this interface with PT 12 using the ASIO UX2 driver. Everything was working properly(as far as i could tell). Now the ASIO UX2 option has disappeared from the playback engine menu, which i guess its OK since i can use ASIO4ALL and that could get the job done??? The only thing is that I'm not entirely sure that the inputs are correct or if ill be experiencing more latency. I suspect that PT updated within that time and that could be the culprit, im not sure.

My 2nd issue is that, I use Bias FX for my guitar tones and now PT is telling me that the aax plugin is not valid. I have attached a screen shot of the error. I have no clue why it would say that all of a sudden as ive been using Bias FX as a plugin for months. I made sure i installed the 64bit version of both PT12 and Bias FX. I also suspect that the update to PT could be the culprit of this as well.

So i ask you, is there a way i can revert back to an older version of protools because right now its unusable. I understand if this is all an operator error(and i hope it is) because I'm unable to use PT.

Troubleshooting steps taken: Rebooted PC several times. Reinstalled PT12 and Bias FX.

Heres my gear and specs:

Interface: Line 6 Studio UX2
Pro tools: 12.7.1

If you require anymore information please let me know.

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: png bias.png (7.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-13-2017, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Line 6 UX2 and Bias FX plugin not working in PT 12.7.1

You may want to try and trash your preferences, then hold down the N key when starting Pro Tools to force the selection of your hardware again in the Playback Engine.

System Details
Old 03-13-2017, 08:34 PM

Awesome! That fixed the issue with ASIO UX2 not showing up. Bias is still not as valid plugin for some reason though...
Old 03-14-2017, 07:54 AM

It's been a while sine I tried Bias FX, but doesn't it run in stand alone mode (outside of a DAW)? If so, can you run it that way? See if it runs okay, gives a license error or runs in demo mode.

System Details
Old 03-14-2017, 05:13 PM

It does run in stand alone mode but when i try to record with it, pro tools only takes the dry signal. Unless there's something i'm missing. I am still new to this software.