Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2014, 09:17 AM

Default Can't Write Plugin Automation [solved]

I'm having a weird problem writing plugin automation in PT10.

Will turn on automation on a parameter, like EQ freq in 7-band EQ, using Control+Option+Command, then switch to write mode and attempt to write simple automation like a frequency sweep. Then, I leave it in latch mode or switch to read mode and try to play it back. My automation changes weren't recorded; wherever I left the parameter at the end of my attempt to record automation is what's being played back.

Now, if I pencil in the automation, that works perfectly. But, of course, sometimes, it's much better to just record automation on the fly, so I'd like to figure out what's causing the problem.

(tried this on several plugins, Massive by NI, some built-in Digidesign ones, like 7-band EQ, Waves)

A second problem that occurs only sometimes is, when I attempt to record automation, the session goes silent. Literally, you press play and no sound comes out. So you I have to restart PT. The last time this happened PT wouldn't even launch back without restarting the computer.

Oh, and this happens in all sessions, not just a buggy single session.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Can't Write Plugin Automation, Session May Become Silent, Require Pro Tools Resta

Window menu/Automation/press Plugin to enable plugin automation.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Can't Write Plugin Automation, Session May Become Silent, Require Pro Tools Resta

Amazing! Thank you!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinamusic View Post
Amazing! Thank you!
Glad to help!!

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.