Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2017, 02:07 PM

Default Kontakt 5 issue

Any known cure for this? I use a multitude of Kontakt 5 VI's and almost every time when I reopen a session I get the 'Loading...' dialog box and I can't dismiss it even though the session plays fine as if there's no problem. And the dialog box will remain even when the session is closed- so if I open multiple sessions without quitting PT I will have a plethora of the bloody boxes cluttering up my screen until I quit and then they just come back. Highly annoying!
Old 03-13-2017, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Kontakt 5 issue

What version of Kontakt are you running?

PT Version?
Windows or Mac?

Mac Pro (2013)
3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB Memory
OS X 10.12.6

PT 2018.1
Old 03-14-2017, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangepumpkin View Post
What version of Kontakt are you running?

PT Version?
Windows or Mac?
Going through a few past posts by the op I find he's running PT12 on some form of a Mac; not sure on the as the only post I found was back in early 2016 and he had OSX 10.10.?

I love when people can't be bothered to give system info when asking a question or even put it in their profile page. Shouldn't have to play archaeologist to get system info; even that info may not be up to date.

QAPLA!
Old 03-14-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Going through a few past posts by the op I find he's running PT12 on some form of a Mac; not sure on the as the only post I found was back in early 2016 and he had OSX 10.10.?

I love when people can't be bothered to give system info when asking a question or even put it in their profile page. Shouldn't have to play archaeologist to get system info; even that info may not be up to date.

It definitely makes it tough to offer any assistance. All I can offer right now is that I'm running:

PT 12.7.1
OS X 10.12.1
And the latest version of Kontakt 5 (can't grab the version number as I'm not at my computer but I just ran the update)

And I'm not having any issues.

I'd be curious if the OP is experiencing the same issue when loading Kontakt in standalone mode.

Mac Pro (2013)
3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB Memory
OS X 10.12.6

PT 2018.1
Old 03-14-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangepumpkin View Post
It definitely makes it tough to offer any assistance. All I can offer right now is that I'm running:

PT 12.7.1
OS X 10.12.1
And the latest version of Kontakt 5 (can't grab the version number as I'm not at my computer but I just ran the update)

And I'm not having any issues.

I'd be curious if the OP is experiencing the same issue when loading Kontakt in standalone mode.
Latest Kontakt is 5.6.6 - it's where they returned to the full color for key assignments and a couple of other changes. It's been rock solid in PT11.3.2 and OSX 10.9.5 for me.

QAPLA!
Old 03-14-2017, 04:47 PM

I'm having the same issue. The only workaround has been to toggle Kontakt to it's "Mixer" view and then toggle back to the "Instrument Pane".
I thought it was a Vienna Ensemble issue.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownotesinc View Post
I'm having the same issue. The only workaround has been to toggle Kontakt to it's "Mixer" view and then toggle back to the "Instrument Pane".
I thought it was a Vienna Ensemble issue.
Once again incomplete system info. What OSX version and what Kontakt version? Your profile doesn't say and that's important as the Kontakt 5.6.x version will not work on OSX 10.8.5 or earlier.

QAPLA!
Old 03-14-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Once again incomplete system info. What OSX version and what Kontakt version? Your profile doesn't say and that's important as the Kontakt 5.6.x version will not work on OSX 10.8.5 or earlier.
Jack. As you know i have bought a new mac pro and did the whole NIKU9 update now but left the Kontakt update until i asked you.

Now it has installed 5.5.4 i think but i have downloaded the 5.6 update.

Are there any issues here with sierra and nMP trashcan 6C or should i stay on this 5.5 version? I value your input very much here as i dont wanna brick the homestudio i spend the equivalent to a house on so when you have time

Thanks alot and sorry for the hijack.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-15-2017, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Jack. As you know i have bought a new mac pro and did the whole NIKU9 update now but left the Kontakt update until i asked you.

Now it has installed 5.5.4 i think but i have downloaded the 5.6 update.

Are there any issues here with sierra and nMP trashcan 6C or should i stay on this 5.5 version? I value your input very much here as i dont wanna brick the homestudio i spend the equivalent to a house on so when you have time

Thanks alot and sorry for the hijack.
There were a couple of issues people talked about on the NI forums one of which was where people had backwards compatibility with 5.6.6 and older versions in old projects. One was on Windows 10 and another was by me in OSX 10.9.5. It turns out that Native Access has issues if an install gets moved from where it was originally. Also if you have more than one boot partition it confuses NA. That was the problem I had because I have both ML and Mavericks partitions with my NI stuff on both. In my case the update only updated the plugin version on my main partition of OSX 10.9.5 but not standalone - however the standalone on the other partition got updated. What I ended up doing was manually swapping the standalones so I could have K5.5.2 in the OSX 10.8.5 partition and K5.6.6 in the oSX 10.9.5 partition.

Don't have Sierra but at the same time I've not heard or seen problems with the Kontakt/Sierra combo. I'd say if you really want to be sure to make a clone and then do the 5.6.6 update.

There is one other issue that happens with the K5.6.x updates and that's that the Kontakt Factory Library has an update and if you update that then older projects that use that library in older versions of Kontakt (K5.5.2 and older) will throw up an error message. Note that this is not the whole Kontakt library that gets installed when installing through K9U but a small subsection. Again this is one of those times having a clone saved me when I was backdating from the initial K5.6.x update and had done the Factory Library update. Yes - I actually have a clone of my samples drive in case the main working samples drive goes down.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need any more assistance - always glad to do so.

QAPLA!
Old 03-15-2017, 12:41 PM

You are the best Jack

Will do this within a few hours and report back.

Thank You soo much buddy. This is gonna be insteresting hehe

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————