Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 05-29-2015, 01:36 PM

What changes are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Supposed to be, or will be in the next month....

Point is......things are changing on the ProTools front and possibly for the better for the windows users
Old 06-24-2015, 08:40 PM

Default Re: "Current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 48 khz"

Im having this same problem with pro tools 9. Originally I was using PT8LE with an mbox 2. Now that I have upgraded to PT9 crossgrade along with the 003R+, a few times ive opened old sessions with no problem, now PT is saying "the current playback engine does not support 48khz. Ive tried changing my default playback and Ive also tried pressing N on startup to try and change the sample rate that way. No luck. It doesnt even give me an option to change the sample rate, its greyed out.

Any clues to fix this?

Im working on a pc, control 24, pt9 cross grade, 003R+
Old 06-24-2015, 09:14 PM

Have you made sure the latest driver are installed for your 003r+?

I am assuming win7, but I had zero issues with PT7/8/9 with a 003r. (XP and Win7)

These type of issues came up after I went to a focusrite interface and the asio driver was installed.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Im having this same problem with pro tools 9. Originally I was using PT8LE with an mbox 2. Now that I have upgraded to PT9 crossgrade along with the 003R+, a few times ive opened old sessions with no problem, now PT is saying "the current playback engine does not support 48khz. Ive tried changing my default playback and Ive also tried pressing N on startup to try and change the sample rate that way. No luck. It doesnt even give me an option to change the sample rate, its greyed out.

Any clues to fix this?

Hi

Try starting a new clean session and imoort the audio files into that session and see of it works better. Have worked for us on other HDX sessions at one time or another and starting a new session and import audio have done it those times.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-25-2015, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi

Try starting a new clean session and imoort the audio files into that session and see of it works better. Have worked for us on other HDX sessions at one time or another and starting a new session and import audio have done it those times.
I've tried that once or twice and the imported audio files turn out funky. The last time I did it, the song was slower then the original, I even tried to speed it back up, nothing. Even if that did work, how can I fix the problem of me not being able to switch khz instead of being forced to use only one? In the user manual and on the 003r+ box, it clearly states that the unit is capable of using multiple types of khz. I'm lost!
Old 06-25-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Have you made sure the latest driver are installed for your 003r+?

I am assuming win7, but I had zero issues with PT7/8/9 with a 003r. (XP and Win7)

These type of issues came up after I went to a focusrite interface and the asio driver was installed.
Yes I've gone on avid's website to get the latest drivers, which is from 2011 I think, unless there's a newer one elsewhere that I don't know about. And the update actually doesn't say 003r+, it just say 002 and 003 updates. And yes it's on windows 7. Do you think the asio drivers have something to do with it? I have them installed as well.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Do you think the asio drivers have something to do with it? I have them installed as well.

In my opinion of has everything to do with also.....

However your still going to have to do your due diligence to make your system run right

I would delete adios and start trying different versions of the 003r drivers till I found one that worked as advertised

Yes the 003 family went up to 96khz. And yes you should be able to select different sampling rates, such as 44.1khz, 48khz, 88.2khz and 96khz

Chris's idea is not a bad one, but if your having problems it might not work. Has your 003r ever worked properly?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:

Any clues to fix this?

Make sure that no 003 inputs are set as the default device in your sound/control panel settings. Basically something is taking over as master clock and this is almost ways it.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-01-2015, 08:47 AM

PT 12.1 fixed this problem for me.