Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 11-20-2008, 01:22 PM

Default Cueing Stereo Channel with one Wedge and Reversing Phase on a Stereo Aux

Hello,

I'am actually on tour with a Profile (Monitor), and when i arrive in a new place i have very often one Wedge for my Cue (PFL). I have the show stored for my band and i have Stereo channels, but i can only listen the left in my wedge (the Cue is always stereo on the Profile).

If i have a buzz on the right channel, i can't hear it !(or only with my headphone).
Do you think that the only way is to revert to 2xChannels Mono, only for cue ? (Very boring .....)

And when i am on stage (i have wifiremote for my Profile) and i click on the revert Phase Button of my stereo SidesFills, i think that the TWO Channels of the Stereo Aux patched to the SidesFills are actually reverted, because i hear no difference !!!So it has no interest or am i wrong?

Thanks guy,

Patrice
Old 11-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Avid

Default Re: Cueing Stereo Channel with one Wedge and Reversing Phase on a Stereo Aux

Hi Patrice,
Quote:
i can only listen the left in my wedge (the Cue is always stereo on the Profile)
True that the Cue is in stereo. Here's one option: loop the monitor (cue) bus out of the console and back in, preferably using an AES in/out. Bring it into a stereo channel strip, and assign this strip to the Mono bus. Route the mono bus output to the listen wedge. Or, if you'd prefer to not use up a channel you could also bring the loop back into a mono matrix, and do the summing there.

Quote:
i think that the TWO Channels of the Stereo Aux patched to the SidesFills are actually reverted, because i hear no difference
This is also true, because the parameters for the two auxes are linked (so flipping polarity on one affects the other). So here's an option...

Use two mono matrixes, with the left sidefill aux feeding one matrix, and the right sidefill aux feeding the other. Set the matrix mixer input and output levels to 0 dB, then flip the polarity on one of the mono matrix channels. Also, set the matrix source to post-fade on the Options>Pickoffs page so you can still work directly with the aux (e.g., AFL, adjust levels and GEQ), and just use the matrix for the polarity flip.

Sheldon