Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2009, 08:59 AM

Default Delta TDIF PCI CARD W/ M-POWERED

Am I the last person on earth using this PCI card? I'm using it with a Tascam TMD-1000 Digital Mixer running on a PC. I'm able to use it with Pro Tools M-Powered. Believe it or not, it's the best sound card I've ever run on my system! I've been using it for a few years now with no problem. I'm able to take advantage of the 8 + 2 ins through my tascam mixer. It works great with M-powered 7.4 but can any one tell me if the new M-powered 8 supports this card? I know the list of soundcard specs doesn't include the Delta TDIF card but neither did 7.4. However, it still works fine. Can anyone help me out?
Old 10-23-2014, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Delta TDIF PCI CARD W/ M-POWERED

i would say that this card is the equivelent of a delta 1010LT (minus the preamps on ch1 + ch2)

checking the specs:
http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/i....msg444#msg444

im not sure why they never made a Delta ADAT card
when tdif is a digital 8x8 format very much the same as adat.. i think except that one cable provides both input + output? if i understand it correctly..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TASCAM_Digital_Interface

Quote:
The Tascam Digital Interconnect Format (TDIF) is a proprietary format connector defined by TASCAM that is unbalanced and uses a 25-pin D-sub cable to transmit and/or receive up to eight channels of digital audio between compatible devices. Unlike the ADAT lightpipe connection, TDIF uses a bidirectional connection, meaning that only one cable is required to connect the eight ins and outs of one device or another
so this card has alot more then 2 inputs, it has 10 inputs...
which makes it the digital equivelent to the analog delta 1010LT

i would say that its a foregone conclusion that if it works with m-powered 7.4
it will work with 8 - 8.05