Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2003, 07:11 PM

Default Genius of Sony

Sony seems to be rejecting email to tech support as SPAM. To add insult to injury, there is NO PHONE NUMBER to contact them. Genius. I've got all the Oxford stuff, which is the software equivalent of lead balloon after updating to Panther. HELP!
Old 12-03-2003, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Genius of Sony

weird, I've gotten nothing but great service from them. you sent it to [email protected]?
drew

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:34 PM

CNN was reporting an attack on Spam handling sites.. perhaps theirs has been affected.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 12-04-2003, 06:24 AM

To be fair, I've always received fair service, not great, but not bad. But without a phone number to call, service is always at their own pace. There are very few companies that I deal with that don't at least have a phone number to call. I don't care if they're in Japan (yes, I know they're in London), I'd rather pay the phone charges and get my problem resolved rather than send an email (which, yes, was sent to [email protected] which then gets forwarded to [email protected]) only to have it returned with a message saying to contact your party directly. But since there's no phone number, I guess I'll have to call UK directory assistance and (assuming that Sony's business number is unlisted which seems to be the case from the website) call the tech guy's house who sent me my last update and was unfortunate enough to put his full name in the email. I'm being ridiculous right? So is not having a simple phone number for tech support. After all, how often do you have a problem with plug-ins once they're installed? And as a point of interest, I couldn't find a single email address except for the support one that was being bounced by their router as spam. Maybe it assumes that since I live in Florida, and Florida is where most spam comes from, I'm a spammer. Anyway, I was able to resolve my problem by digging into my old email and finding the download links and redownloading the stuff. One other gripe is that applies not only to Sony, is that there is no way to access your "account," ala Propellerhead's website. It would be nice to log in and see all your auths and download the latest versions to maintain the best compatability. And while I'm on it, it would have been nice to get an email (besides the sales one announcing LE compatability!) saying that the plug-ins you currently have downloaded will make ProTools crash and burn in some insidious ways that you never even thought were possible, creating hours of hair pulling, swearing, agonizing mental torture, drinking, watching infomercials to clear your mind and reconsideration of religious belief systems, so why don't you simply download the new version and avoid all that?