Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-03-2001, 04:23 PM

Default L AT E NC Y issues are slowin\' down more than my production...

Hey, gang. Thanks for tuning in...

I have this, uh, friend who just installed SoftSampleCell and was SHOCKED at the latency of triggered sound.

My big plan (oops!), I mean HIS big plan was to be able to trigger Ilio/Spectrasonics borne cd-rom samples (synths,perc,guitar melodies) from a Korg controller through SoftSampleCell.

HOWEVER, even the Digidesign demo sample triggers so LATE (2.9 ms - 11.6ms) that one cannot "play" the keyboard normally/in-time.

Is this to be expected?????
Am I, uh, is he the only chump who didn't know the deal??

Even 10 years ago, I played around on a guys equipment that could trigger all kinds of samples INSTANTANEOUSLY.

As my unopened Liquid Grooves & Hans Zimmer Guitars cd-roms stare me in the face, I ask you all to rescue me from my panic about the TRUTH in 001/SoftSampleCell latency.

Stunned, in real-time,
Midi

QuickSilver G4/733mhz 2x60GB 1.1GBram [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2001, 09:29 PM

Default Re: L AT E NC Y issues are slowin\' down more than my production...

There is a the midi offset in preferences that can be set posative or negative, maybe that would help? I'd bet better performance is possible –has to be you'd think?