Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2011, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Motor Noise

I have mine replaced now with a newer version.
The problem is not solved completely, but it has gotten a lot better.
In my previous device it was fader 2, which almost constantly hummed at me. Now the candidate is fader 6, but it's slightly different though:

Assume, I jump from a position, were level is 0db on all tracks to a position, where it's +4db. All faders jump right to the correct value, only fader 6 jumps somewhere near, and then slowly fades the last increments upwards, making - guess what - this annoying sound. But after that, it's silent again.
So we're not in happyland after all, but at least I don't have to be afraid to use it anymore, when clients are sitting next to me.

Shame, Euphonix, shame.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 01-15-2011, 02:35 AM

Oh, and I just realized, it's fader cap flying time here as well, now.
I don't believe it!

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 01-17-2011, 04:30 AM

Hi everybody from Barcelona!

Iīm having the same issue with fader 2 and 6. They keep making noise till the get to the final position. Sometimes stops, sometimes keeps going till I touch them. Itīs something really anoying and also not expected according to the price of the unit. This has to be resolved somehow. I wrote to euphonix support but no anwser yet. I need to know what to do, I have 3 weeks to send it back where I bought it to either get a refound or another unit. I hope somebody has an official statement about this!

Will post any solution they give me...in case they do

Ciao

Luciano
Old 01-17-2011, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBassgroove View Post
Hi everybody from Barcelona!

Iīm having the same issue with fader 2 and 6. They keep making noise till the get to the final position. Sometimes stops, sometimes keeps going till I touch them. Itīs something really anoying and also not expected according to the price of the unit. This has to be resolved somehow. I wrote to euphonix support but no anwser yet. I need to know what to do, I have 3 weeks to send it back where I bought it to either get a refound or another unit. I hope somebody has an official statement about this!

Will post any solution they give me...in case they do

Ciao

Luciano
If you followed the thread you would have learned, that there seems to have been some kind of change in the production of these units, since the newer versions don't show this behaviour as intense as the older ones. It's still not all good.

Here is the reply I got from Euphonix support (after three or four weeks):

"Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for the enquiry, and apologies for the delay - we have experienced a higher than usual number of case submissions, and unfortunately this impacted our case response time.

This is not expected behaviour. I suggest you return the unit to your dealer and have it booked in for repair for you or even a replacement unit if the dealer can facilitate it.

Thank you,
Steffen Wagner
Euphonix"

With that they immediately closed my ticket.
I didn't expect this behaviour either, dear Euphonix. But I don't seem to be the only one, who's shaking hands with it.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 01-17-2011, 05:29 AM

Thanks for the info!
I will send mine back and hope to have better luck. Anyways I think the one I got is from the new versions, since the dealer was waiting for the new shipment till 7th january and then sent it to me the 12th. Mine Itīs not and old version I guess and still the same problem.
Are you keeping this one or you send it back again? I love the unit, but I want one with all faders doing what they are supposed to do, without this disturbing noise

Cheers!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info!
I will send mine back and hope to have better luck. Anyways I think the one I got is from the new versions, since the dealer was waiting for the new shipment till 7th january and then sent it to me the 12th. Mine Itīs not and old version I guess and still the same problem.
Are you keeping this one or you send it back again? I love the unit, but I want one with all faders doing what they are supposed to do, without this disturbing noise

Cheers!
Actually, it would be the way to go. Sending it back until you get what you paid for.
But I really have other things on my mind, than shipping gear back and forth, not knowing, if or when it will do any good. I can live with the condition of the replacement unit (which doesn't mean that it is alright).
What I'm taking with me from this experience is, that I probably won't buy Euphonix anymore, if there are other alternatives. And there always are.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 01-17-2011, 06:25 AM

i had this same issue with my first mc mix. 2 or 3 of the faders would "hum" into position. i immediately returned it and the replacement seems to be working fine. i have had it for two weeks now.

no other issues other than having to occasionally push the fader caps back down. this thing is violent.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:04 AM

I've just received my second Euphonix following the problem with the first.
There is always the same problem!
I'll bring it back and buy a Mackie.

A tip: do not buy MC Mix!
This product is a toy and there is absolutely no customer service!

I propose to write a new post much more aggressive in trying to move Avid.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:14 PM

I would be really nice to have an offical word about this. Itīs not fun at all paying this much money and get units with this issues. Also Itīs a pain in the @@@ to send it back till you get a decent working one.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I would be really nice to have an offical word about this. Itīs not fun at all paying this much money and get units with this issues. Also Itīs a pain in the @@@ to send it back till you get a decent working one.
+1

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- C|24 | S3 | Dock