Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2020, 01:29 AM

Default Re: ICON vs S1's bundled together

anyone help on this please?? JUST POSTING AS RECENT COMMS HERE

Hi There

hopefully someone can shed light on this really odd problem eg a ICON Pro
I'm Using PT10.3 HD with no issues doing mix recalls. THE PICS SHOW SAME MIX PLAYING VIA MAIN AND THENAT SAME TIME THE STEREO RETURNS (VIA 192 AES/OPTICAL)

I could really do with thoughts on how people wired analogue inputs of stereo mastering machines from xmon, or is this dependent on solely mapping I/o?
icon stereo 1/2/3 outputs output returns are working fine via 192 optical signals. but please read the issue below.

When monitoring any mix on headphones or Main/Alt/Mini monitors - I hear full stereo/mono albeit on ICON as LCR 5.1 output...so Left =ch1 right =ch5 (see i/o pic)
Ii then monitor the same mix via optical/AES/Spdif digital outputs via the on board stereo returns 1/2/3 AND THEY ALL play on left side only despite mix still playing full stereo on meter ch1/ch2 when on main output monitor playback. (see pic)

So I decided to change the mix outputs to ch 1and 2 and this time the stereo mix plays on meters ch1/ch2 but only left side/no right channel on headphones or monitors and any optical mix/digital mix is back to stereo in headphones and monitors (see i/o pic)

my question is how to get both main mix or optical 2 track returns to playback on the same meters (eg either ch1/ch5 OR ch1/ch2 NOT BOTH AT SAME TIME) and always be stereo in headphones and monitors.
I need to mix and be able switch from stereo to stereo returns and not lose the right channel. the console has this facility on it monitor section.
I even tried to match 2 x stereo outputs on i/o and it totally wiped the metering all over the place.t...Trial and error is just not working.

Seems like a mad problem that has stuffed me to sort out.
the desk and all outputs are all ok and the digidesign imo manuals barely touches on the full wiring output capacity of this console - so not much use.

if anyone has a .pio i/o set up file to send over that might solve this ...then please do ...as this issue is wasting a lot of time to sort. before anyone asks i have fully reset the I/O and then recalled it back on several occasions ..nothing seems to solve this multi monitoring issue so far.
I can mix but it s a really annoying restriction. all stereo tests here are perfect but this digital default to monitor/playback on meters l=ch1 and r=ch2 is mad as the d command works on 5.1 and stereo.
so any mix is generally outputting...left = ch1 and right = ch5.
I have tried to reset to stereo only but no joy

Thank you very much in advance - stay safe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6202.jpg (44.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6203.jpg (50.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6178.jpg (53.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6187.jpg (57.9 KB, 0 views)