How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2017, 12:45 PM

Default Space Activation code issue

Hello All,

I did some searching and couldn't quite find the answer to my question.

I work at a TV network that somewhere along the line bought either TL Space or Space (AAX version).

No one here told me that we had this plugin, I found out when iLok decided to force an update on everyone yesterday without actually telling anyone. (a whole 'nother topic that I could get heated about).

I ended up transferring my licenses to a new iLok. I noticed an unused license for Space and I activated it and put it on the new iLok with the Pro Tools license.

I install Space and run pro tools, and it asks me for a registration code. If there ever was a registration card for this plugin, it is long gone. I don't know who bought it or when, or where they got it from, if there is a receipt, I'm sure it's long gone as this company has gone through a re-brand, a move to a different location and then some.

My question is why do I need an activation code if the license has been activated on my iLok? Why does pro tools see the license for pro tools on the iLok but not the plugin? What was the point of even having space as an iLok plugin if that ostensibly doesn't even matter? I guess I just don't understand this situation at all. The license is on the iLok, that should be the end of the story. It should just work.

I'm about to buy Hofa IQ-verb anyway, so it's not the end of the world, but I'd like to have space. If anyone has any ideas on how to get this to work I am all ears! (anything other than paying for a support ticket, that is).

I'm aware of this page: (http://avid.force.com/pkb/KB_Render_...DiY&lang=en_US) but as you know I don't have a lot of the necessary information.

My system:
PT HD 11.3.2 - Avid HD Omni
iMac Late 2013 , 3.2gHz Intel Core i5 - 32gb ram - NVIDIA GeForce GT 755m 1024mb
Old 08-16-2017, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Space Activation code issue

Welcome to the community.

Space licensing has gone through a few changes, so please check out the info here and let us know if that's not helpful. (It's likely just a matter of using the version of the plug-in that goes with your specific license.)
Old 08-16-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Welcome to the community.

Space licensing has gone through a few changes, so please check out the info here and let us know if that's not helpful. (It's likely just a matter of using the version of the plug-in that goes with your specific license.)

Thank you, I did indeed have the wrong version. i wrongly assumed 11 would go with my pro tools 11, but I needed 12.1. Thank you!!!!
Old 08-16-2017, 06:24 PM

Glad that helped!