How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2017, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Having issues saving S6 setting to the session

Hope Avid chips in on this one again.

For me it barely never works on newly created sessions.

But I do have a lot of older sessions that seem to work properly. Even thou they are re-saved on this version.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:30 AM

Hi,

planning to make some tests to make it work, but have a question before testing: Is this supposed to also save the Soft Keys configuration ? For instance, if i customized some of them, will it be saved with my session ?

Old 06-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Avid

No - Soft Keys are managed separately but can be saved and loaded at will.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MTRX FAQ
Old 06-30-2017, 02:31 AM

But for me, that is the one thing that I do want to reopen with my session:
I work entirely with custom soft key banks.
Whenever I turn on the S6, it loads default soft key banks. I then need to load my personal soft keys file. After that I need load my custom soft keys bank 1 to Master Module soft keys left, then custom soft keys bank 2 to Master Module soft keys right, continuing doing the same for Automation Module soft keys left and right, Transport, yadi yada...

Personally, I feel like it would be best if the state of soft keys - meaning the entire state, not just the file that makes my user banks available - opened along with my user preferences and layouts whenever I open my session.

Best, Gregor

Old 06-30-2017, 07:48 AM
Avid

If I'm getting you right, you have made some new Softkey banks ? If you have saved these there is no reason to load them every time you restart, that Appset is now the default. The only way back to factory is pressing the Factory button.
What I think you are asking is to be able to see your new backs straight away without paging through ? The quick way to do this is to make a single new Softkey macro on one of the top pages that switches all banks to your preferred banks.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:04 PM
Avid

I have reproduced the not saving Prefs and layouts etc. in a session. We are looking into it. It doesn't appear to be everyone but it effects both Windows and Mac and different PT versions.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
If I'm getting you right, you have made some new Softkey banks ? If you have saved these there is no reason to load them every time you restart, that Appset is now the default. The only way back to factory is pressing the Factory button.

What I think you are asking is to be able to see your new backs straight away without paging through ? The quick way to do this is to make a single new Softkey macro on one of the top pages that switches all banks to your preferred banks.

You can also use the approach we are using for QuickJumps using SHIFT on the Fader Modules in conjunction with the numeric keypad switches on the master automation module. If you look at the factory assignments for numbers 0-9 (while holding down SHIFT) you will notice that it simply changes all 4 soft key quadrants from a single press. The advantage here is not having to use the real estate on the top levels of the Master Touch Module and Master Automation Moduke soft keys.

best,

Jeff

MTRX FAQ
Old 07-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Avid

We have finally got to the bottom of this. The Master Module is needing to see a session with saved S6 data in it before it will save out again. So if you are a new S6 user there is no way this would have worked (I have provided a PT session with saved data below). If you had this working in earlier S6 versions then the workaround for now is to load an old session(or the one below) that does have the S6 data in it, then close it, all sessions from here on will save the data correctly....until the Master Module is rebooted. Once your session has this data it will save correctly without having to do this load/save.
One way is to make a template with saved data working and always make new sessions from that.
We are working on a more permanent fix.

Blank session with S6 data
Old 07-07-2017, 02:36 AM

Great!
I look forward to checking this out when I get back from vacation.

Thanks for not giving up! Much appreciated!

Javed.:)
Old 10-03-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
We have finally got to the bottom of this. The Master Module is needing to see a session with saved S6 data in it before it will save out again. So if you are a new S6 user there is no way this would have worked (I have provided a PT session with saved data below). If you had this working in earlier S6 versions then the workaround for now is to load an old session(or the one below) that does have the S6 data in it, then close it, all sessions from here on will save the data correctly....until the Master Module is rebooted. Once your session has this data it will save correctly without having to do this load/save.
One way is to make a template with saved data working and always make new sessions from that.
We are working on a more permanent fix.

Blank session with S6 data

Well, this was sure nice to find as I'm prepping files for a vocal session tomorrow. It seems it's only when I NEED to figure out how to do something on the S6 do I learn how to do it. But Eddie to the rescue again. . . thanks.