Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 06-06-2017, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 HD Annual Renew $399 again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
i honestly think that Avid is still growing into the subscription model .. !!! from a reliable source, they are working hard behind the scenes are there are a lot of good people working to fix old things, not create new ones, and add feature as they become something that the market might like ..

my .02
I sincerely hope that's true. Avid usually fixes old things years later, and there is stuff that has still not been fixed after 5 years. I think they're focusing more on new features these days than on anything else. I'd be more than happy if better stability's achieved along the way, though. Cloud Collaboration and Atmos are features that are not used by everyone. Maybe a few more loops will keep the rest of us happy
Old 06-06-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Opinions do vary, but we can all understand there should be some penalty for not upgrading when you have to. With that said, IMO, double price should be the cap.
And what will the penalty for Avid be for not doing proper bug fixes and development? Or is this a one way street?
Mac 16 Core 7,1 -Os 10.15.7 - 96 gb Ram - Pro Tools 2022.6 Ultimate in 5 suites - MTRX Studio -S6 26-5-D - Sync HD - Video Satelite (Symphony 2022.5, AJA Kona 3g) Pro Protools 2022.6 Vanilla in 21 x Recording and Edit suites. Mac 6,1 Mac Mini, Mac Mini M1, Mac Studio Pro, Mac Studio Max
Mediacomposer 2021.12 on AJA Kona 3g / XT I/O x 3 suites. Multiple Avid S1, S3 & Docks
Old 06-06-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefB View Post
And what will the penalty for Avid be for not doing proper bug fixes and development? Or is this a one way street?
One way for pro users. We don't have choice or time to replace our systems. D controls and s6 consoles. Hdx systems. Way too much effort. All the patch bays already wired for 192 or HDi/o. Gives me hives thinking about changing to another daw.

I'm not in post. I make records.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
i honestly think that Avid is still growing into the subscription model .. !!! from a reliable source, they are working hard behind the scenes are there are a lot of good people working to fix old things, not create new ones, and add feature as they become something that the market might like ..

my .02
respectfully, they've had several years to get it sorted.

i did a year of support plans, in good faith, to see if this new model would help them make progress.

it didn't. so i didn't re-up again, and have no current plans to do so.

they'll get more money from me if/when there's a stable PT version, and if/when i can get back in significantly cheaper than $999 per HD license.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefB View Post
Don't ask me. If Avid has broken a contract, perhaps some lawyer would be happy to find out.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan jetter View Post
respectfully, they've had several years to get it sorted.

i did a year of support plans, in good faith, to see if this new model would help them make progress.

it didn't. so i didn't re-up again, and have no current plans to do so.

they'll get more money from me if/when there's a stable PT version, and if/when i can get back in significantly cheaper than $999 per HD license.
as long as you do not need to be using PT then sure, use another DAW ... i use more than PT here .. cubase, logic, studio one, reaper once in awhile, ... tools that works best for the need at the time ..

and since i am not in the HD world right now, i can afford the 99.00 a year to stay current .. subscriptions are here to stay so we need to find a way to work with them in our businesses !!!

if at some point i need HD again and i can justify the expense and subscription, i will purchase the software only version and keep going !!!

at least we have options for our choice of tools ..

cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro