Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 PM

Default mbox 3 protools 8... UNABLE TO LOCATE DIGIDESIGN HARDWARE!!!

I mean it seems like a pretty common problem without a common solution... Whats the deal here.. The products are expense enough yet for some reason they are far from user friendly.. i dont have a sandra report cuz i dont know how to get a daym sandra report!!! lol.. ANY HELP???
Old 02-19-2011, 04:38 AM

Default Re: mbox 3 protools 8... UNABLE TO LOCATE DIGIDESIGN HARDWARE!!!

Which Mbox 3 do you have? Mini, Mbox 3, or Pro?
Old 02-19-2011, 02:41 PM

I have an MBox 3 Pro and have had this problem a couple of times. I went to Avid's website, downloaded the driver, and re-installed it. Restarted computer and I was good to go.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Avid

Post Re: mbox 3 protools 8... UNABLE TO LOCATE DIGIDESIGN HARDWARE!!!

There is actually a common solution... Install the drivers.

http://www.avid.com/drivers
Old 02-21-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCS View Post
There is actually a common solution... Install the drivers.

http://www.avid.com/drivers

thanx! i just exchanged the mbox to be sure that that wasnt the issue... hopefully i dont have the same problem again but if i do i will refer back to this post.... appreciated man!!!!

btw i have the mini

edit: that didnt take long... new box new product... same problem
Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyensteyn View Post
thanx! i just exchanged the mbox to be sure that that wasnt the issue... hopefully i dont have the same problem again but if i do i will refer back to this post.... appreciated man!!!!

btw i have the mini

edit: that didnt take long... new box new product... same problem
it worked!!!! so far so good... my gratitude will show when next week i come back to this post and thank you for ur suggestion... simplicity is not my forte but i thank you very much
Old 02-22-2011, 01:08 PM

AVID definitely have a problem here. They should indicate that their h/w is unsuitable for LAPTOPS and should never be unplugged etc.
I have had this problem about 5 times now...each time I have to uninstall the drivers, check all my settings, reistall the drivers etc...last time I thought it was cos I may have put the MBOX in different USB port....but this time, definitely same port, same DAMN problem....IF I had known how unstable this product was I would never have purchased it...it is not for portable devices IMHO....Just look at how many posts are up about this problem.

Once you get the product working its great but sooo frustrating wasting valuable time trying to connect the hardware etc...and the amount of mods you have to do to your system to "optimise" it is rediculous...I have a quad core with 8mb ram and still have performance issues...have been tinkering with the setup options to try and fix but doco etc is either not clear or hidden in a vast array of HD stuff that is totally irrelevant to MBOX users...about time that if they want to attract the novice they should separate the documentation or REAPER will take everyone...for less than $100 you can get reaper and an interface..whereas PT and interface is $650 in OZ. So lift your game AVID!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlloydy View Post
I have had this problem about 5 times now...each time I have to uninstall the drivers, check all my settings, reistall the drivers etc...
Have you ever successfully disconnected then reconnected your Mbox (without having to reinstall drivers)? Any other factors or steps you can think of related to this?

Quote:
...doco etc is either not clear or hidden in a vast array of HD stuff that is totally irrelevant to MBOX users...
kb349411 has a concise list for optimization.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:21 PM

Just recently purchased MBox Mini that comes with ProTools 8.0.4.

Have had this error message twice. The only way I could resolve this was by reinstalling ProTools, which is a poor solution.

Even though ProTools doesn't recognise the hardware, Windows Sound Recorder does, as well as Audacity.

Even Control Panel has the MBox Mini as an icon, which when clicked brings up a window with picture of it with "Hardware Connected" displayed.

Any ideas?
Old 02-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albers View Post
Just recently purchased MBox Mini that comes with ProTools 8.0.4.

Have had this error message twice. The only way I could resolve this was by reinstalling ProTools, which is a poor solution.

Even though ProTools doesn't recognise the hardware, Windows Sound Recorder does, as well as Audacity.

Even Control Panel has the MBox Mini as an icon, which when clicked brings up a window with picture of it with "Hardware Connected" displayed.

Any ideas?
Please see the Help Us Help You thread for details about what we need to know to assist you. Please post to a new thread with complete information once you've read through that thread.

Closing this thread.
Closed Thread