Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 07-17-2011, 01:12 AM

Default Moving multiple Plugs at once / Plugin Order

Is there a quick way of doing the following..

I'm nearly finished with a mix and want to try the VCC plugin as the first insert on every channel. I have about 20 tracks and all of them have different plugins on them all tracks have something already on the first insert slot and some tracks have 3-4 plugs on..

I'm not sure if there is a quick way to either load up VCC on multiple tracks at once (on the first slot) without removing any of the others already or how to move more than one plugin at the same time.

Either method would work or any other that would make it easier than moving each plugin on each track down a few inserts to make room for the VCC...

Many thanks in advance!!
Biu
Old 07-17-2011, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Moving multiple Plugs at once / Plugin Order

Can't be done. Sorry.

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 07-17-2011, 01:46 AM

Cheers. So the only workable option is to move each plugin individually if I want to free the top insert on each channel?
Old 07-17-2011, 02:45 AM

Yeah I'm afraid so. Personally I tend to put inserts in starting from the 2nd slot so I've always got the first available for this reason.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:59 AM

Suicune, Good plan, going to start doing that from now on! It's the little workflows that go right over one's head sometimes! lol