Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-08-2009, 02:37 AM

Default Older mixes... and their quirks

I'm noticing the older my mixes are, the more 'quibbles' within the stability of PT and the session playback. I'm not sure what the issue is, whether it's the fact they were created in PT 7.x, if continual short mixing spells are taking a toll, or whether I just have a pref setting wrong.

For example, old sessions won't deal with MIDI / VI's any more - especially if they've been inactivated, and in particular, Strike. The data track is a slightly darker blue, and no matter what I try to do to work around it I can't get the MIDI to kick in (creating new tracks, copying to new track, rewriting data, deleting Digi Databases, appropriate preference selections)

On another session my plugin 'bypass' option has green text. Although seemingly no side-effects.

On another session my MIDI is green, and also won't latch (auto plugin enabled in prefs - this checkbox fixed some sessions, but not all). Trying to create a new VI track and it comes up as the familiar 'I don't plan on working' blue.

Another session has continual 'elastic audio' CPU drain issues, despite never having deployed EA on the track....

Is there a common theme here? I can't work it out.

Specs: PT 8 cs3, OSX 10.5.7, iMac C2D 2.33 CPU, 4G RAM, Glyph external session drive.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Older mixes... and their quirks

Bump...
Old 08-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Bump again. Anybody out there?
Old 08-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Avid

Quote:
On another session my MIDI is green, and also won't latch (auto plugin enabled in prefs - this checkbox fixed some sessions, but not all). Trying to create a new VI track and it comes up as the familiar 'I don't plan on working' blue.
Have you verified that the MIDI output of the track has a valid selection?