Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2002, 02:46 PM

Default I Need Clarification. Difference between Multi Channel and Multi Mono Plugs

Hey guys,

OK am mixing a session that is pretty intense, the usual 24tracks 3 or 4 aux and some waves plugs when I got the 9128 error when I put the truverb into the track. I hit ok removed the plug. Sometimes if you remove it completely it resets the track so I did it again and 9128.

On the last try I accidently used multi channel verses multimono and not only did it allow the plug, but it dropped the cpu usage like halfway down.

What am I missing? What is the difference between the two and why does one use so much more power than they other? It's the same plug. I don't understand.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-12-2002, 04:26 PM

Default Re: I Need Clarification. Difference between Multi Channel and Multi Mono Plugs

Nobody knows? or nobody wants to answer? Come on guys.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:33 PM

Default Re: I Need Clarification. Difference between Multi Channel and Multi Mono Plugs

My guess would be that a multi channel plug will do some interaction between the channels and a multi mono will only process as if you sent it to 2 seperate plugs hard panned. This would make sense as to why the CPU usage is different as well.

If I'm wrong, please clarify, cuz I'm curious too.

www.disposableproductions.com
Old 06-12-2002, 04:40 PM

You understood me just fine. I never thought of it like that. It is very possible that it is using twice as much power because it processing the left and right channel as individual channels. Funny though, you would think that the stereo would do the same when you consider panning.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by citi:
You understood me just fine. I never thought of it like that. It is very possible that it is using twice as much power because it processing the left and right channel as individual channels. Funny though, you would think that the stereo would do the same when you consider panning.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">multi-mono acts as 2 separate mono processors that´s maybe why the extra cpu load.

multimono sounds better to me BTW

jorge

www.abacomusic.com