Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-01-2009, 01:25 AM

Default Waves 6.0.6 and Pro Tools LE 8 - "Select Waves Plug-ins Folder" - Windows XP

Does anyone know what the workaround is for getting PTLE 8 to launch without asking to select the Waves Plug-ins folder everytime it scans the WaveShell 6.0.6 dpm?

I've tried everything I could find on other forums and on the Internet:

- manually removed all previous versions of WaveShells everywhere on my machine

- uninstalled and reinstalled (went back to 5.9.7 even and then installed the v6r4 update)

- Deleted the Prefs folders for Digidesign and Waves Audio in my \Application Data directory

- tried to follow the steps for the Mac OS workaround, but using C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data as the "Library" folder

- selected various folders at the prompt (\DAE\Plug-ins, \Program Files\Waves\Plug-ins, my VSTplugins folder...)

I've ran out of ideas and options. Can't load the plugs-ins in PTLE or any VST host... Any ideas anyone?

I tried emailing Waves Support by my "support plan" has expired and I have to pay $$$ to revew, just to get help with authorizing something I already own! Isn't that absurd?

Speaking of authorizations, my 5.9.7 Enabler is authorized and I cannot re-authorize. My v6 says "License Delivered" (to my iLok account). I wonder if that has anything to do with this. My iLok is up to date, contains the license for v6 and has been synchronized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
Old 03-01-2009, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Waves 6.0.6 and Pro Tools LE 8 - "Select Waves Plug-ins Folder" - Windows XP

Waves plug-ins, from what I’ve gathered in my experience with them; will only work properly with v6.0.8 or V6r4 in PT8. Both of them require some totally new ilok authorizations. V5.xx will not work properly in PT8. I discussed this with Waves at the NAMM show in L.A. last month. It seems they are becoming more and more strict about requiring current authorizations. If you are not up to date on your WUP you will likely not get the full V6 authorizations and Waves will not Work without errors if at all. Once your V6 authorizations are delivered you can no longer go back to V5.xx as those licenses are surrendered. Some remnants of V5 will still exist on your ilok, but they will not allow the plug-ins to run. With Waves you are (on a practical level) “renting” their plug-ins. We here at this studio have decided it is worth it to us to; keep up to date with our WUP. If we didn’t we would pass altogether.

That’s just us.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-01-2009, 05:41 AM

Default Re: Waves 6.0.6 and Pro Tools LE 8 - "Select Waves Plug-ins Folder" - Windows XP

according to waves v5 and v6 cannot sit on the same machine without causing problems.. whatever about the cost of up to date WUP on a mercury its when you have an older bundle and then buy a v6 newer bundle that you really get screwed (becuase you then get dragged into WUP if you want your old bundle to work and then suddenly you have 2 WUP costs).. all said i still use em.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:47 AM

HI !

Try unistalling them completely then delete the ** waves pref ** folder content and digidesign DAE prefs after untistalling them . And make shure you have only a waveshell version in digi DAE plugins folder . You can have only one waveshell at time ( 6.* or 5.* ) Not both of them. Having them togheter can give you a lot of errors .

Hope this help !!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:54 AM

I've got the same issue after upgrading to v6R4, it keeps bringing up the "Don't" Dialogue then wants me to select the Waves 6.1.1 Preferences Folder when I launch Pro Tools. I just cancel both out and it's all fine with Pro Tools. I've got an email in to Waves Tech, but that was a couple of weeks ago and, although I have a confirmation email, no reply as yet. Just a minor annoyance, not a showstopper.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 03-01-2009, 02:17 PM

I’m unfamiliar with the 6.1.1 folder. What is it please?

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-01-2009, 04:52 PM

Tom, I don't know what the Waves 6.1.1 Plugins Folder is. This behavior just started when I updated to v6r4. No matter what I do, the Plug-in Dialogue comes up - the one you can get to by holding down Shift while PT is loading - then whether I say Okay or Cancel I get a dialogue wanting me to select the Waves 6.1.1 Preferences Folder. I can't select any folder or create a folder, so I just cancel out of both dialogues and Pro Tools loads normally. As I said, it's no big deal, just a small annoyance.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 03-01-2009, 08:59 PM

Thank you all for your responses. I do have a valid v6 license on my iLok but I suspect that for some reason the authorization hasn't been completed properly (perhaps because I allowed the v6 update installer to automatically uninstall 5.9.7 instead of doing it manually).

I just heard from Waves support after I sent a very frustrated email to their Sales dept (I'm thinking about upgrading to Platinum but now I'm a bit hesitant). They said my iLok licenses are up to date. They're asking which version I'm running and my machine's specs. Not sure if they'll end up helping since my WUP is not up to date, but I'll let you know if there's a solution and what it is.

I've actually tried all of the steps that you guys have recommended in this thread and I still do not see the Waves plug-ins in my AudioSuite list.

Here's a list of things I tried to rectify the problem, none of which worked:

Summary:
Updated from 5.9.7 to v6r4 in Pro Tools LE 8. I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a quad core (Q9650, P45 chipset) and 8 GB of DDR2 800 RAM. I rolled back to SP2 but it didn't make a difference.

The issue is that PTLE 8 keeps asking me to select the Waves Plugins folder upon launch when it scans the WaveShell-DAE 6.0.6.dpm file. No matter what I select, it doesn't like it (I've tried \Program Files\Common\Digidesign\DAE\Plugins,
\Program Files\Waves\Plugins, \Program Files\Waves\WaveShells, and even my VSTPlugins folder out of desperation!) I also can't see these RTAS plug-ins in the Audiosuite list.

VSTs aren't directly related to Pro Tools, but I thought I'd include this bit as it affects using the plug-ins through Kore2 (as an Instrument insert) or through ReWire clients such as FL Studio: with VST hosts, for instance FL Studio 8, I get an error that "the plug-in couldn't be loaded, check that it has been authorized properly."

Steps taken to rectify problem (based on what I could find on various online forums, in DUC, and the Waves AnswerBase):

- removed all other WaveShell -DAE.dpm and -VST.dll files except 6.0.6.dpm and 6.0.7.dll (here I noticed that in the VSTPlugins folder and in the main Waves folder under \Program Files the VST plug-ins are all version 6.0.5 and this is with the latest v6r4 installer).

- uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch (going back to 5.9.7 but of course, I couldn't authorize again...), I also manually removed all Waves folders from everywhere on my machine and reinstalled from scratch, starting with 5.9.7 and when it didn't work, uninstalled and installed v6r4 directly.

- Deleted the DAE Prefs folder under \Documents and Settings\username\Application Data and everything under the \Waves Audio folder in that directory

- deleted the Location entry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Waves in the registry

- deleted the DLA.dll file (apprently, this is for TDM only).

- renamed the Plug-ins folder in the main Waves directory (under \Program Files\Waves) into "Waves Plugins" created a Shortcut for that new folder and copied-pasted into the Preferences folder I created under \Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Waves Audio (I deleted the Shortcut from the original location), relaunched Pro Tools, but it didn't work...

P.S.: I read somewhere about removing the Vocal_Bundle_1.x.dpm and any other Waves-related files except the latest WaveShell-DAE from \Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plugins, but I only have the WaveShell-DAE 6.0.6.dpm in that folder.

Let's see what Waves support comes back with...
Old 03-01-2009, 11:20 PM

I have had this same problem since PT 6.4,,, Waves Platinum ,,,, and like 'The Weed', I just cancel ( red X ) them out ,, about 4 boxes,, the last one says no plugs found,,, and yet they always are there.?!! I thought when I got a new PC, upgraded to PT8, and waves, and ilok all upgraded,,,, that surely this situation would go away???!! BUT,, of course not? But as mentioned above, just a little anoying, and yet still very worth the few seconds because of the results!!
Really hope you can get this resolved!!!! Mike
PS---- I had to call waves tech support with my 1st purchase years ago,, they were great and had me going in no time,,, (they had sent me the wrong disk which I found out later it really didn't matter???!!)
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz | Asus Z97-Pro LGA 1150 Intel 6Gb | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2400 | Asus GT640 Silent 2 GB GDDR3 | Samsung 850 Pro SSD's, WD Caviar Black HDD's | PSU Corsair 750W ATX12V | Windows 10 | Presonus Studio One | 003R PT's 12.8 | Waves Platinum | Ivory/Piano | Berlin Woodwinds, Nocturne Solo Violin | SPITFIRE Solo Strings | EastWest Hollywood Strings, Brass, Pro Drummer, and Stormdrum 2 | VSL | Vienna Ensemble Pro | M-Audio Code 61, FaderPort 8 |
Old 03-02-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toustab View Post
Updated from 5.9.7 to v6r4 in Pro Tools LE 8. I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a quad core (Q9650, P45 chipset) and 8 GB of DDR2 800 RAM. I rolled back to SP2 but it didn't make a difference.

I wonder if the 8GB of ram could have an effect on the waves install. It’s probably a skinny chance but Waves 32bit might not expect to see more than 4GB. I hope Waves comes back with something good for you.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com