Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 10-10-2013, 03:40 PM

Default JBridgeM is Tops!!!!

OK, so I've been playing around withe a couple of solutions to extend the lit of my TC Powercore - I love the reverbs and the MD3 multi dynamics(that cost a packet). Anyhow, one of the combos I've tried is the DDMF Metaplugin host for VST and AU using JBridgeM to bridge the 32 bit PoCo plugs to make them available in PT11's 64 environment, after a shaky start - PT crashing when trying to re-open saved session with bridged plugs loaded - I emailed Joao at Wordpress and got an almost immediate reply! after emailing a few crash logs and settings files and exchanging some system info he emailed me a bunch of updated settings files for the PoCo plugs I was using and voila! I can now utilise the PoCo plugs in PT11!

As I understand it, Jbridge has been around for quite a while in the Windoze world but this version - still in Beta - is new to the Mac. Well, I'm here to say that it's the BEST VALUE software I have ever purchased full stop! The support from Joao has been nothing short of fantastic and he's obviously keen to develop the product well into the future, get behind it! @ around $12 it's a no brainer.

Now if only he'd develop an AU bridge to use in Logic X...
Old 10-10-2013, 06:32 PM

Default Re: JBridgeM is Tops!!!!

Thanks for the heads up and tip on this!

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-10-2013, 06:39 PM

Very cool, if this works with powercore plugs it will probably work with the fabrik plugins that run on the konnekt interface dsp as well. I've been a longtime pc user of jbridge, and knew about the mac version but have never tried it.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 10-10-2013, 06:43 PM

Yeah thanks!

I just opened sampletank in pt11. Pretty sweet

going to drop $12 bux right now
Old 10-10-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMF Media View Post
OK, so I've been playing around withe a couple of solutions to extend the lit of my TC Powercore - I love the reverbs and the MD3 multi dynamics(that cost a packet). Anyhow, one of the combos I've tried is the DDMF Metaplugin host for VST and AU using JBridgeM to bridge the 32 bit PoCo plugs to make them available in PT11's 64 environment, after a shaky start - PT crashing when trying to re-open saved session with bridged plugs loaded - I emailed Joao at Wordpress and got an almost immediate reply! after emailing a few crash logs and settings files and exchanging some system info he emailed me a bunch of updated settings files for the PoCo plugs I was using and voila! I can now utilise the PoCo plugs in PT11!

As I understand it, Jbridge has been around for quite a while in the Windoze world but this version - still in Beta - is new to the Mac. Well, I'm here to say that it's the BEST VALUE software I have ever purchased full stop! The support from Joao has been nothing short of fantastic and he's obviously keen to develop the product well into the future, get behind it! @ around $12 it's a no brainer.

Now if only he'd develop an AU bridge to use in Logic X...
I have been using Jbridge with Blue Cat MB-7 2 to host my 32bit vst in PT11. Been working great. No issues.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 PM

I'll say it again, worth every cent!