Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Purchased HD Nativ card on ebay..

Brad is correct. I tried running digitest, and it did not recognize the card.
As far as "retail and what the card sells for"...I notice that you work fro GC Pro, so your telling me that Sweetwater sells this card and the software (PT 10 HD) for $3500, and that GC Pro sells it for less? I seriously doubt that. Even if I was able to get a "discount" on the card and software, I seriously doubt I would get a $1000 discount
I understand what your saying about being careful about what I have purchased used, but I am pretty sure the HD native card is functional, and I have already inquired to two differnt sellers about purchasing a ilok asset for PT 10 HD that one is selling for $800 and one is selling for $875...so how much would you be willing to sell me the HD software for? Avid sells it for $2500, and you have to have HD 7 to pay that price! I think I will be able to put together a HD system, for around 3K, including a interface. Also, Avid has a "transfer of ownership" form available, so I am pretty sure I could plead my case to them and register the card as well, so I would be able to get upgrades as well...I have been a good customer of Digi and Avid since ver. 7.1
I do want to say thanks for all the information you have provided. It looks like I need the software and a interface ( I am pretty sure I can get both for around $1300-1500), so that and $1700 for the card gets me into HD for pretty cheap..
Old 01-06-2012, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Purchased HD Native card on ebay..

Hey tdawgg
Sort of in your shoes. I upgraded form a 002 BLA sig mod to a hd native with a 192 i/o. I purchased everything off of ebay ( new though and unopened as I did not want issues that you are describing). Well I plugged my card into my mac and viola my already installed pro tools 9 I was using for my 002 booted up and said pro tools HD 9 ( i had the registration on my ilok for PT9 HD). I then wiped it from my computer and downloaded my free pt10hd upgrade and installed it. when you install pro tools, HD is sitting there but the features do not activate unless there is an ilok registration on your ilok i figure. So if you have an hd ilok registration it will fire up in hd if you have a standard pro tools registration it will fire up in standard pro tools from what i can tell. unfortunately you may have to purchase a an ilok/software registration if you can't get the transfer. Just try and register it and see what happens. BTW, LOVE the HD native set up and low latency as I am tracking drums a lot and I definitely notice it. tracking in 192 imho is negating the BLA mod and tracking in 48. You will definitely like it once it is up and running.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Purchased HD Native card on ebay..

Also I was able to put together my system at 3600 dollars.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:24 PM

Cool! I just pulled out the CD for the PT 9 install, and noticed it said "for all PT 9 and PT 9 HD installations" I do have the PT 9 license on my ilok, and I will go check and see if it says HD as well..if thats the case, then i end up getting the card and software for $1700! I will be looking for a interface as soon as I confirm that the HD software will work..
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 PM

Remember the PT9 and PT9HD ilok registration are different and it will boot up in HD IF there is an HD ilok registration number on your ilok. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 PM

I checked my ilok and it lists "pt 9 and 10 bundle" So will this license allow me to run HD?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:35 PM

As nucjd mentioned. Since pro tools 9, the software is all the same. There is only one installer. What version loads depends on what license you have on your ilok and what hardware is attached. For your HD native card to work you need an HD license to go along with your HD hardware.

You mentioned you got a registration card? I'd register that ASAP. Normally you have to register your software and hardware separately. So I wouldn't expect to get the the HD license when you do that. But you never know. Most importantly though if you have any issues with the card you'll have that step covered.

Also fwiw. Once you get an HD license you could sell your regular license, if you don't need to run two systems at once, and recoup a little money that way. Also be forewarned, that just because you buy a license doesn't mean you'll get access to the software installers. So hang on to, or go ahead and save, any versions you have access to now as avid doesn't do anything for license transfers. I know this from selling a PT9 license. I had to provide the buyer an install disc. There was no way for him to register it and gain access to the downloads. But as mentioned it's the same installer for all versions.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawgg View Post
I checked my ilok and it lists "pt 9 and 10 bundle" So will this license allow me to run HD?
Doubt it. It should say HD on there.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:39 PM

OK just checked my ilok account. I have PT9 and then I have PT9 HD and PT10HD registration licenses so they are different. Can you try to assign the PT9HD license from your discs to your ilok. Maybe you have already said you did not have it in the prior posts but if you do try to assign it to your ilok and see what happens.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:34 PM

I tried registering the software (using the reg card that came with the software) and I keep getting a message that says "your session has timed out"...weird. I sent a reg case to Avid. I don't see the license available on any of the discs, is it supposed to be on one? This came with everything but the ilok, which i already have.