Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2009, 10:20 PM

Default Waves ilok troubles part 2

Howdy all..

I got a new ilok to put the new waves version 7 on. As i was updating them, my internet connection went down for a brief moment, and cancelled the ilok auth transfer. Now when i log into ilok, i dont have the waves auth on either of my iloks, and its gone from the 'download new licence' page on my account.

Any ideas? Im going to email both ilok and waves, but i have clients in now, and was looking for a quicker fix..

Cheers
Dave
Old 11-09-2009, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Waves ilok troubles part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbirdstudio View Post
Howdy all..

I got a new ilok to put the new waves version 7 on. As i was updating them, my internet connection went down for a brief moment, and cancelled the ilok auth transfer. Now when i log into ilok, i dont have the waves auth on either of my iloks, and its gone from the 'download new licence' page on my account.

Any ideas? Im going to email both ilok and waves, but i have clients in now, and was looking for a quicker fix..

Cheers
Dave
I had that happen once. I went back to the login page and there was a link saying that there had been an aborted download, would I like to retry. I clicked it and tried again and it worked the second time. Try looking back around there.. If not, emailing CS is about all you have left.

Good luck!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
I had that happen once. I went back to the login page and there was a link saying that there had been an aborted download, would I like to retry. I clicked it and tried again and it worked the second time. Try looking back around there.. If not, emailing CS is about all you have left.

Good luck!

Ahh.. Bang on.. Thanks!!

Dave
Old 11-10-2009, 04:28 AM

How's about this for a nightmare!!

I decided to move some licenses from one ilok to another to make room for Waves Mercury 7. Since I've upgraded to PT8 I thought I might as well move the PT 7.4 license
seeing as it wasn't needed anymore. All appeared to go well until I restarted Pro Tools which froze on startup asking for the license to PT8. WTF?!?! I thought and now after revisiting iLok.com and examining my authorizations I've discovered that all trace of my PT8 license has disappeared but the 7.3/4 license is in the ilok I moved it to.

Anyone got any ideas?

Luckily I managed to use the backup license that's on another key but now there's a veritable iLok forest sticking out of my computer.

Why can't Waves Mercury be one single license like Eventide's Anthology?
Old 11-10-2009, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fly View Post

That would be great!.. It takes up 96 slots right now... essentially the entire iLok.

It would also be nice to decide which licenses you wanted.. I would probably not use Kramer or Masserati..
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fly View Post
Two solutions:

1) Waves moves to single "everything" bundle license
(preferred)
2) Waves insists that iLok puts out a V2 key that can handle more licenses

The only reason I can see for #1 for not happening would be that Waves Marketing Department would not want to commit to such "everything" bundle, because that would in fact mean EVERYTHING they release, leaving no chance for bundle modifications. Everything would be each and all of them, no question.

(that said... not in so distant past not in that big company called "URS" had their "everything" bundle, but as soon as they produced more products they were selling a "everything 2.0" bundle so people who paid for "everything" were not getting the new goodies. so I would not trust an "everything" even if someone said so. I'd rather buy individual plugins that I really *NEED* and not dozens of options I'm not going to be using that much)

But yes, Waves should adjust their plugins to accept multiple authorizations; for example, a "Rennessaince Compressor" should activate if it sees one of the following licenses:

- Rennessaince Compressor
- Rennessaince MAXX bundle
- Mercury Bundle

Currently, it only activates if it sees the "Rennessaince Compressor" license, and the bundles hold all licenses that belong to that bundle. This is where Waves has made their mistake. They have a plugin and they know what authorizations should activate it, so they should put that intelligence into the plugin and not offload it to our iLok keys.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:05 AM

I'll take both please

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 11-11-2009, 01:58 AM

I fully agree, Waves is not making this easy. or as said above, even safe.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-11-2009, 08:46 AM

I agree, Waves need to make their licenses much smaller. I too have had to shuffle things between iloks.
And with todays advancements in technology, I cannot believe someone would make an ilok that can only hold 120-150 codes, that's totally crazy.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:21 PM

At least single licences for product groups should do fine.Like one for CLA one for Hybrid etc. There is no point to have seperate licences for each part.
Just had a communication error while transferring my v7 Mercury licences and V6 gone and no more v7. Got it sorted out but this is unacceptable.Having less licences also means shorter transfer times which looks like safer.
Oz