Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2008, 12:27 PM

Default MBOX Packaged Software

First off, this is my very first time posting so please forgive me if this is not in the right catagory.

Here is my problem:

I have the original MBOX with the packaged materials. Everything was fine, until I had to re-install the software due to my hard-drive crashing. No big deal, get a new HD and just re-install my software right. Unfortunetly, I seem to have lost the book. The book has the code for the software! So I can't use my MBOX anymore.

Will DIGIDESIGN give me another new number or does anyone know who/how I should make contact with the company in regards to this? Will they care, or just try and sell me the latest version?

THANKS!!!

www.myspace.com/twiceasdeep
Old 06-26-2008, 12:31 PM

Default Re: MBOX Packaged Software

Quite honestly, you would be better off just buying the newest version.

No one here, and I think Digidesign would be included here, can provide you with the code. You really need to have the one from the book to make it function. Digidesign may be able to work with you if your hardware/software was registered, but you never mentioned if it was or not.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-26-2008, 12:42 PM

Yeah, I don't think it is because I still have the Reg. card....

Bummer...

Old 06-29-2008, 12:57 PM

What if I go ahead and fill out the card and send it in? Will you guys be willing to help me out? Or am I just up the creek?

Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
What if I go ahead and fill out the card and send it in?
That would register your hardware/software, but it wouldn't get you the activation code. With that registration, you might be able to talk to someone at Digidesign and get a software activation code, but you would still have to TALK TO SOMEONE AT DIGIDESIGN.
Quote:
Will you guys be willing to help me out?
We're all just users here. Anyone here providing you the code would be illegal. Asking for it here is actually illegal.
Quote:
Or am I just up the creek?
Again, anything having to do with the activation code for the software already in your possesion would have to be a direct communication with Digidesign (I recommend by phone).

It would be much easier/faster just to buy the latest version of the software (you never mentioned which version you have now!) It will come with the activation code for that version.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Avid

The only way we can ever provide a code is if the product is registered. In your case you can fax a copy of your original receipt to our Customer Service department at 650.731.6384. Once you do that, call them by phone to have them verify the purchase and give you a new code, assuming everything about the receipt/registration is in order.