How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2003, 04:28 AM

Default How do you get OH\'s and GTRs sounding tight

I'm trying to figure out why my OH's never seem to gell well with my GTR's. I don't know whether it's the fact that I'm recording in a small room or if it has to do with frequency carving and blending. It seems that the cymbals...mostly the open hi-hat are too harsh or loud. The cymbals always either sound too loud/harsh or too low. I can't get the gtrs and OH's to sound blended. I can create a volume level blend...but the frequency of the gtrs and OH's clash or something.

The gtrs always sound too seperate from the cymbals. Any ideas of how to EQ the OH's to get them to gell well with the gtrs? Is the room a big issue...cuz the drums sound fine..it's just the cymbals. My mics are not too close to the cymbals either. Anybody else have these problems?