Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-20-2010, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Has "Some regions had invalid bounds and were adjusted or deleted" been fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Russell View Post
Is anyone running the new 8.1cs2 and seeing it?
Yup...
Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Has "Some regions had invalid bounds and were adjusted or deleted" been fixed?

Having this problem in LE on all my new sessions now. Regions look ok, nothing is missing (I hope). Should I be worried?

What's going on, Avid?
Old 10-21-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassturbator View Post
Yup...
I upgraded to 8.1cs2 today and haven't seen it. I opened maybe ten different sessions - some of them multiple times - and didn't see it. Not that it's 'fixed' in cs2, but that's something.

If you record and then hit stop and undo, you may see this message upon re-opening. If you cancel the recording with command period, you won't see this message.

I'm not worried and haven't experienced data loss.

But keep your sessions backed up, as always!
Old 10-21-2010, 08:09 AM

I'm not worried about this non issue. It's just the fact that not one thing that we have been talking about here has been addressed in this update. What about about fixing the darn remembering your default output setting issue, just to mention one. I'm not a programer but, and I could be wrong, it just seems like that wouldn't be too complicated to work out. That's just one........
Old 10-21-2010, 10:13 AM

I'm not overly worried about it either, it's annoying, and doesn't install confidence, but so far I haven't lost anything.

What DOES worry me is that Avid has release TWO versions of ProTools since introducing this bug, and still hasn't seemed to fix it.

That scares me much more. Because either it means 1) they don't care, or 2) they don't know how to fix it.

Neither one bodes very well for ProTools.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:49 PM

If the bug is fixed, will it also fix old sessions affected by the problem, or just prevent it from happening again in new sessions?

That's what I want to know.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
I'm not overly worried about it either, it's annoying, and doesn't install confidence, but so far I haven't lost anything.

What DOES worry me is that Avid has release TWO versions of ProTools since introducing this bug, and still hasn't seemed to fix it.

That scares me much more. Because either it means 1) they don't care, or 2) they don't know how to fix it.

Neither one bodes very well for ProTools.
1. We care.
2. We know how to fix it.
3. Other circumstances sets resource priorities.
4. I agree it does not bode well.

You know personally, Tim, that I was all over this issue. It WILL get its turn...

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."
Old 11-11-2010, 01:59 AM

Hi!

Same problem here since yesterday. I've been working for 2 months on a long feature film and yesterday I was not able to open a dialogue editing session. It crashed every time with the famous message "invalid region bounds...". I can't open it anymore and had to use the "import session data" to access my edit. Avid guys, I used Pro Tools for 10 years, worked on 17 feature films until now and know quite well your software. How many bugs I encountered, I don't know but this is a serious one. Do something about it please! Or would you like we consider Pyramix as an alternative? In my company we use several HD and LE, work sometimes on big movies, so we need a stable soft!

Thanks
Old 11-22-2010, 04:26 PM

Did PT9 Fix this....

Too bad avid did not post a BUG fix list. I aint getting PT9 until I see that list.

No way I'm buying 9 with 8 bugs residing in it. PT8 STILL has 7 & 6 Bugs so why should 9 be diff. Starting to look as stupid as Logic. 8.1 to 9 and NO fixes ! sssssss
Old 11-25-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
Did PT9 Fix this....

Too bad avid did not post a BUG fix list. I aint getting PT9 until I see that list.

No way I'm buying 9 with 8 bugs residing in it. PT8 STILL has 7 & 6 Bugs so why should 9 be diff. Starting to look as stupid as Logic. 8.1 to 9 and NO fixes ! sssssss
I'm afraid not. I just did a session the other night with a bunch of background vocals and this error popped up again. The good news is that although it's annoying, it's harmless. I didn't lose any tracks at all....just had the error when I opened up the session the next day.

All in all, PT9 is a pretty solid release. Besides the above error, I've also run into some minor issues with both Auto Tune Evo and Auto Tune 7. The key with the latter, however, is to not run too many instances of AT at the same time.