Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-21-2007, 01:16 AM

Default No sound on instructional Videos???

I use my Digi002 as the soul soundcard on my system (as strongly suggested) and doing so I get no sound on Digidesigns own instructional videos!!! If I only could download them somehow and view them in the WM-player it wouldn´t be a problem, but I don´t seem to be able to do that?

Digi come up with a solution here - I´m watching your vides on your gear.

Somehow you haven´t gotten the ASIO-driver right since back in the old Digi001 days? What about getting sound into WinXP so you can use it in Skype and BIAB and such?
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 01-21-2007, 08:43 AM

Default Re: No sound on instructional Videos???

It's highly unlikely this involves the ASIO driver.
Most common windows applications use the Digi Wave driver.
You probably need to add your default DVD program to the list of programs recognized by the Wave Driver using the MMEHelper.

Quote:
This program allows you to add or remove programs such as Internet Explorer, iTunes, etc. from an entry in the Registry which is like an opt-in list which tells the WaveDriver 6.1.1 which applications to support.

Digi MME Helper also works with the WaveDriver included with the Pro Tools TDM and LE 6.4 and higher installers.
For what it's worth, the ASIO driver has been rock solid all the way back to 6.x. It's the Wave driver that's always been a bit finicky.
Might want to refresh your memory on their individual uses.

Wave Driver Support Document

ASIO Support Document