Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2014, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Pt 10 crash

I don't know why this vst2rtas stuff showing up. I am pretty sure that i'm not using that kind of stuff.

I have UAD-2 Satellite and UAD-2 Quad Core PCIe cards connected to my computer.

No other firewire devices.

Also i tried to import my audio files to a new empty session when the first time i encountered with this problem. And nothing changed.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:53 AM

Well the vst2rtas plugs are showing up in the crash report. just they are there, no proof they are causing problems, but it just surprised me they are there still. Either it is still part of UAD software or it is old junk you have left in your plugin folder. If the later, it may be a sign you need to uninstall all third party plugins, manually delete all files in both plugin folders, and do clean new installs.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:12 AM

Ok then sir. Thank you for you kindness again.

I'll inform you if i find the solution.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:08 AM

Lightbulb Re: Pt 10 crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugurmars View Post
disabling the ADC engine did solve the problem. But my projects are a bit heavy. 80-100+ tracks with a lot of plugins. And i'm not able to mix unless i enable the ADC engine. But enabling it causing crashes again. What should i do now?
You could show the delay compensation information in the mix window and do manual delay compensation using the TimeAdjuster plug-in.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:28 PM

Hi again!

I'm still encountering the same problem.

The projects are working flawlessly with PT11 but when i try to open that 'unfriendly' projects on PT10, its causing crash again. The weird part of the problem is, the projects i'm trying to open are just random projects. PT10 loves most of them, but hates the others.

Any different possible solutions would be great!
Old 09-26-2014, 02:50 PM

Question Re: Pt 10 crash

Can you open these unfriendly sessions if you bypass plug-ins when opening (hold shift key)?
Old 09-26-2014, 10:13 PM

I've been having similar issues with P Tools 10.3.7 HD 6 with cards in a Magma PE6R4 chassis connected to a late 2008 2.8 quad core Mac Pro. I've clean re-installed P Tools many times and upgraded the OS from10.8 to 10.9. Nothing has changed. I have deleted prefs so many times that I have lost count. Most of the time that I delete prefs the new launch of P Tools crash's 9/10th's of the way into the first attempt to launch. It'll usually launch on the second attempt. I have systematically removed plugins, not all of them at once though, but that has not worked either. Also, launching a second session after closing the first one often times the second session will not play any audio untill I close it and re-launch P Tools. This is all after years of having a totally stable system.

Last edited by WernerF; 09-27-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:09 AM

I have pretty much determined, as a result of much reading and further research, that the source of my problem is hardware related. I have tried all of the same software repair options that the OP has tried and been encouraged to try. I have achieved the same results as the OP, in other words all attempts have achieved only the result of not solving the problem. My issue most likely involves a failing power supply in my Magma chassis. As soon as I find out which is the correct currently available replacement PSU I will
report back as to whether or not the replacement of the hardware corrected the issue. The reason that I mention it here is that, as has been suggested by other's here, it seems very likely that the OP's problem is hardware related. It makes sense that one should look in that direction after seeing that the attempted software have not worked.