Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2014, 02:50 PM

Default HD Native Thunderbolt Setup Problems

Hey all..

I've recently switched over from a PC HD system to running HD i/o through the HD Native Thunderbolt. But something seemingly obvious seems to have gotten messed up in the setup as Pro Tools just won't recognise the HD Native. More specifically..

With Pro Tools NOT running, i go to audio/midi Setup and i see the Native Thunderbolt and it recognises the HD I/O.

When i load Pro Tools, it defaults to the internal output. I click on Hardware Manager and it sees the HD Native Thunderbolt but doesn't see any ins and outs.

I've tried every driver that i can find. I don't really understand if i should have core audio or not. Like i said, i'm relatively new to Mac things, but VERY experience on Pro Tools on a PC.

I assumed this would be a simple setup, but i've lost about a day on this now..

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance..

MC