Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 08-23-2014, 06:39 AM

Default Help a fellow 11Rack user out!

So Ive entered the EZ drummer 2 songwriting contest. With 2 days to go I need my fellow community members to give me a hand. My song "Wishing Well" done entirely through my 11R is doing OK but i need more help!If Im not allowed to post here, please remove the post. Its all good! As an entrant I have to self promote and Im just looking for options that's all. No Harm intended

https://apps.facebook.com/meltwaterp...159750?=f19xiz
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2
Old 08-24-2014, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Help a fellow 11Rack user out!

needs more hihat to my ears.

overall good tune. i might have mixed it more ethereal, with big reverb and some long delay. sounds failrly dry right now, like it hasn't been mixed yet.

timing is kinda weird at times, like it was quantized and the instruments just don't swing with the drums, or the drums don't swing with the instruments.

overall, i like the song. my comments are mostly about the mix. well done on the songwriting.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Help a fellow 11Rack user out!

Hey singtall, thanks for the very constructive feed back. The mix is intentional. I wanted it to feel very intimate. A very small room feel like when you hear it you are the only one in the room. But I appreciate that opinion very much. The drums were also intentional. I just wanted them metronomey and let the instruments float and at times catch the beat. You have a very good ear my friend!

I only have my small home studio to work with and not a lot of gear. The mastered version sonically, does sound better. My friend and I released it on itunes and we are donating all the sales and royalties to a local charity where I come from. Cystic Fibrosis Western Australia. If anyone would like to make a donation by purchasing the track, feel free to PM me and I will gladly supply the link. Don't want to push it by posting the link here!
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2