Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 05-05-2017, 12:02 PM

Default AOC Portable Monitor - Mouse/Cursor Issues with PT11

Hi DUC community,

I use a USB powered portable monitor (http://us.aoc.com/product_feature.php?id=62) when I do remote recording with my Mac Pro 4,1 running PT11 via an RME AES32 card. I'm running OS X 10.8.5. A problem persists when using Pro Tools with this monitor, when I click the mouse the mouse click registers off to the side from where the cursor is.

I've installed the DisplayLink Driver, which was necessary to get the monitor to work. I've adjusted the Display options under "Settings" to set the specific resolution of the monitor, however this always seems to revert to the "What's best for the monitor" option.

This problem is specific to Pro Tools itself. The mouse works with no issues on other applications/desktop background/etc.

Any ideas? I'm have a separate drive running Yosemite for WaveLab that I may try installing Pro Tools on when things slow down to see if this fixes the problem.

Appreciate any input or advice anyone can offer!

Best,

James