Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2019, 10:15 AM

Default Help to get started with HD Native

Hi, i come from UAD and im a completely noob in HD systems,, so i would appreciate someone who helps me a bit to get started with hd native..

I have a pro tools standard monthly subscription, and i purchased a used avid hd native thunderbolt unit in ebay, its registered to previous owner. Protools dont see this unit, its only seeing my apollo twin, i thought i would be able to hear the mix with headphones just with this unit but pro tools dosnt recognize it.

My questions are:
  • Its because its standard pro tools and in order to see the unit i need PT Ultimate?
  • Its because i need something else like digilink license in my ilok?
  • PT should see the core alone, or i would have to buy and plug a converter in it (like HD omni or HD io) for pro tools to recognize ir as an interface?
  • PT should see it even if its registered to previous owner?

Appreciate the help!!

Thanks!